Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Horseshoes Up My AZZ (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/234923-horseshoes-up-my-azz.html)

VtSteve 07-18-2010 08:14 AM

Speaking of boats breaking free, we'll be across the lake next month. Due to the low water, I may have to moor the boat while there. Has anyone used the Danik Hook from Slide Anchor for this purpose? Be a great time-save to hook to the trailer hook and be done with it.

http://www.slideanchor.com/userfiles/Danik%20Hook.pdf

Expat 07-18-2010 08:24 AM

Yikes! Talk about a jolt to the system. Glad everything was ok. Things like that are like a punch in the gut.

Looks like a nice place you have up there. Hopefully, you are out enjoying that Searay today.

db

SpeedGirl 07-18-2010 08:52 AM

Holy Cow Alec.... your story is almost as good as Gino's!!!

Glad everything turned out ok~~~ well except for the crispy wallet!

socalstone 07-18-2010 09:23 AM

Great story, glad you lucked out. Sounds like you should have headed to Vegas that night to cash in on your streak!

Jupiter Sunsation 07-18-2010 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by catastrophe (Post 3161503)
Woke up at 5 Saturday morning and did my routine of looking out the window to check my boats.

The Nortech is in a slip and the Sea Ray is on a mooring ball.
Blinked twice and realized the Sea Ray was missing. WTF

I;m reaching for my wallet and PHUCK its not in my back pocket. My pal pays for the fuel and we go back home.
I retraced my steps for 2 hours trying to figure out where my wallet went to no avail.

This sounds very fishy, too Sunkin like for me!

Missing boats, missing wallet/funds..............HMMMM :eek:

Glad it all worked out for you in the end! :D

Catastrophe 07-18-2010 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3161660)
This sounds very fishy, too Sunkin like for me!

Missing boats, missing wallet/funds..............HMMMM :eek:

Glad it all worked out for you in the end! :D

:lolhit::lolhit::lolhit:

VtSteve 07-18-2010 09:54 AM

He hasn't mentioned being ejected yet :rolleyes:

hunster 07-18-2010 09:58 AM

I'm coming over to rub your head before I buy my lottery tickets.

Formulabill 07-18-2010 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by catastrophe (Post 3161503)
Woke up at 5 Saturday morning and did my routine of looking out the window to check my boats.

The Nortech is in a slip and the Sea Ray is on a mooring ball.
Blinked twice and realized the Sea Ray was missing. WTF.
Its been moored like that for 3 years here.

Ran down to the dock and looked down the shoreline and there it is nosed in sitting in 2 ft. of water up against my neighbours property.
The main line coming off the ball had given way.

The local marina came over with a 30 ft. runabout and yanked it off the beach which is stoney, took it to their travel lift and inspected it. 4 square inches of bottom paint missing. Zero damage to anything!!!!!!!!

Felt pretty good so I take a buddy 4 miles up the lake in the Nortech this afternoon to throw some fuel in the boat so we can boat on Sunday.

I;m reaching for my wallet and PHUCK its not in my back pocket. My pal pays for the fuel and we go back home.
I retraced my steps for 2 hours trying to figure out where my wallet went to no avail.

Finally we decided to drive in the car around to the fuel dock to look around.
We walked to the end of the dock where I fueled, looked down and voila , there was my wallet in 6 ft of water.

If I dont get hit by lightening in the next few minutes, this will have been one of my luckiest days.:lolhit::lolhit:

Is that the same water proof wallet you have carried for years with the six foot piece of fishing line hidden in it? Jay told me that works every time at the gas dock and restaurants.

Glad you are having a good week end.

Bill sr.

jayboat 07-18-2010 01:31 PM

Wondered why you aren't returning my calls today.

Did you land in Vegas yet? :evilb: