What Cat would be best in 35 ft range >

What Cat would be best in 35 ft range

Notices

What Cat would be best in 35 ft range

Old 07-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
I'm pretty sure that there are aft cabins on some talons, so kinda correct maybe.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...7-talon-2.html
Yes all the Talons built by Hustler have an aft cabin. I looked real hard at buying a Talon.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
The Skater cabin is barely enough to even sleep. Id rather sleep on the Talon. It does have a cabin.
Cabin you say-----in a cat? Now here is a cabin. Only thing missing is the head room. Oh well, 1 outa 2 ain't bad. Not a big fan of the 38, but that is one big area to have on a cat. Pic on the left is the enclosed head.
Attached Thumbnails What Cat would be best in 35 ft range-38-fwd-cabin.jpg   What Cat would be best in 35 ft range-38-head.jpg  
Old 07-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would remove the criteria of sleeping accommodations in any choice of a cat and put more emphasis on the safe operation with the choice of drives.

In 2 of my 3 cats , namely the 37 Talon and 43 Nortech I cant imagine having to sleep in either. The head room was zero and ended up being the storage area for damp lifejackets etc.

I've had drive failure at speed in both and would trade a hotel room for the best drives possible when that happens, and both those boats were #6 boats.

The Skater I owned was a triple 300 and a ton of fun for the money.

As far as searching for the best I would make the choice based on affordability.
Some of the choices put forward here have been something less than the best but will offer great safe boating.

I would say that once you have experienced Cat its hard to imagine more excitement.
I know I have to go back!

Enjoy your search, thats a good part of the whole experience.
Right after you buy something all you seem to read is invoices.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am going to look at the 38 Awesome ( family boat)tomorrow but I was at the races this weekend and heard some talk about the bottoms/transoms coming apart on these boats. I run my boats hard and this is not an issues I want to have on my mind while driving every time out. I like the Spectre and the Motion but no room for anything, so with that now I am leaning towards the #6 Talon again.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just curious as to what you thought of the 38 Awesome? I was considering that boat as well, now that I have 2 kids
Old 07-29-2010, 07:28 AM
Banned

I looked at the Awesome and its a nice boat but after talking with a few people about them I will have to pass. At this point I am going to drop the engines back in the Baja and run whats left of the season. During the off season I will have more time to shop and have something ready for next year.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About the cabin, when I bought my first cat I was told there's enough room to F**k you girlfriend but not your wife. LOL
Old 07-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

The criteria being asked for, with the budget in mind, is really asking for too much for too little. You're not going to find a Cat that's worth anything quality-wise, for under $100k, AND have a king sized bed, enclosed head, shower, kitchen, & grotto.

The only boat that comes to mind with all of those features, plus great quality, AND will handle any Lake Erie water you'd want to be out in, is the 42 or 44 MTI w/ the large cockpit & cabin, like Rare Breed. That boat & the ones like it, are priced REALLY aggressively but not under, or close to $100k.

I'd be shopping for a 36 Classic deck Skater without power, if I were going to do the power package afterward. You're going to have to buy one that at LEAST has drives already on it, unless you buy a race boat, so try to find one with Bravo's if you're dead set on doing the IMCO package. You won't have to re-cut your transom at least if you go that route.

Buying a boat with 6's, wet OR dry sump, would be the hands down better option over the IMCO's or any other drive option, especially since you're planning to boat in rougher conditions like Lake Erie.

Last edited by IB-Mod; 09-20-2010 at 07:08 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:51 PM
4FX
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which 38 Awesome did you look at?? and can you give your opinion about it the pros and cons with what you wanted to do in mind as well.

I'm kinda in the same boat. shopping for the best thing either cat or Vee 30' - 40' ,90K-120K, 80-100+ MPH minimum Bravo boat to at least do an Imco upgrade to handle HP upgrade etc etc

I'm also on Lake Erie..
Old 09-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Banned

Closed the deal on this today. Going to be a busy winter making it my own. I know it will not be as fast as the other boats mentioned but it should do well in lake Erie. Also had a great day hanging out with my new found step-step brother (there is a story) Dave Wesseldyk.
Attached Thumbnails What Cat would be best in 35 ft range-ocean-express.jpg   What Cat would be best in 35 ft range-ocean-express-2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.