Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Stryker speed boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/234963-stryker-speed-boat.html)

PaulS. 07-18-2010 04:22 PM

Stryker speed boat?

Okay I am very new to the boating world and have found a boat I cant stop thinking about I know nothing about it it is a stryker looks to be 21 ft or longer needs alot of work I dont even see the lower unit in it and the interior is completly shot I dont know if the engine was winterized I do know that it has been sitting well rotting for at least 7 years what would you guys estimate the boats value if the engine is shot and if the engine is good.

PaulS. 07-18-2010 04:35 PM

If this isnt a good boat to buy what other brands/models have a very similiar style

Too Stroked 07-18-2010 05:55 PM

Last time I checked, there was a boat called a Stryker that was actually the old Hammond Challenger. I believe they were built for a short time in the late 1980's or so. From what I remember, they were a nice riding fairly quick boat. I don't recall their construction being anything to write home about though.

If you're new to the boating world, stay away from "handman's specials." Generally speaking, they turn into a money pit in a real hurry.

Wobble 07-18-2010 09:36 PM

A 21 Stryker is a fast river boat and was available with a 502 mag/bravo 1 that produced speeds in the high seventies.

However, you will always get a better deal if you buy a boat with the work done. You never get your money back on "fixer ups" unless it's a house.

Search for Styker here and you will find a lot of info. I would avoid the boat you are describing unless you are able to do all the wood/glass work yourself.

PaulS. 07-18-2010 09:45 PM

I am able to do all the wood work and glass work myself and am able to custom make parts so I think im going to take a chance lol thanks for the info I still need to know how much to pay for it though?

Wobble 07-18-2010 09:52 PM

If the engine does run and it has an outdrive that isnt broken, then it would be worth 1500-2500 assuming the glass needs work and the interior is shot.

Unknown engine and no outdrive and sitting on a trailer, the price should not exceed 500 in my opinion. He mght pay you to haul it away :lolhit:

There is nothing wrong with Strykers and they are fast for their size with no bad traits, however they have been out of business for more than 12 years so they are orphans and don't see much resale value.

PaulS. 07-19-2010 06:57 PM

what kind of resale does the one im restoring bring?

tomtbone1993 07-19-2010 07:22 PM

I owned a 2150 Styker Stealth. Fun fast starter boat, very very fast with a 502/ Bravo one. You buy it for less than 3k and throw another 20K for interior, exterior, engine, drive ect...ect it would be worth 10 to 12K finished. I hope my math helps....:)

Griswald 07-19-2010 07:39 PM

Tom - what color was your boat? Black/red flames?

tomtbone1993 07-19-2010 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Griswald (Post 3162894)
Tom - what color was your boat? Black/red flames?

white with a blue stripe