Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Power Stroke gas mileage? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23500-power-stroke-gas-mileage.html)

Brad 05-02-2002 12:10 PM

2000 F-350 four dually short bed.
17MPG
10-11 MPG Towing 35 Cigarette Playboy

MIdnightRider 05-02-2002 02:13 PM

While using my Expedition to pull my 42' F to the launch the last couple of weeks, the rear end seemed to sag a little (even with load levelers), I just cant figure it out:confused: ; and I think it was averaging about 1 mile per gallon, maybe I need a chip. :D Thank Goodness for In/out Service:cool:

Pocket Change 05-02-2002 02:50 PM

Chad, you are too f***in funny. It couldn't have looked as bad as when you towed mine home. I wonder how it would do behind my tacoma?:D

candyman35 05-03-2002 12:08 AM

Thanks for all of the replies. I think he is going to take the truck in to be looked at. I am surprised that the mileage numbers are all over the place. I know my numbers are low because of my driving style, Floorboarded. :D Is there anything in the fuel management that can cause these things to get such poor mileage short of a raw fuel pouring on the street? I'm new to this diesel stuff. I know I'll never own another gas tow vehicle.

Hey Boot,
How are the chips working for the D-Max?

Dan

candyman35 05-03-2002 12:19 AM

Hey MIdnightRider,

42' with triples behind an Expedition? Dude, we need to talk. I have an Expedition with air ride. I wouldn't pull a 27' much less your 42'. Were you aware of the recall on the Expedition because of trailer hitches falling off? :eek:

How’s your boat? Did you start on the dash yet? I just finished my dash project. Lots of fun. It was definitely worth the work.

Dan

MIdnightRider 05-03-2002 01:39 AM

My truck had the recall done. If I had the money you guys do, I would pull with the excursion, but as it is, my expo works for the 1 mile it is from the shop to the launch. Its up on the rack now for in/out service. My dash is still in process, I am just to busy, plus I just paid the marina bill, and the wife's no holds barred shopping trip last week in Chicago, not to mention my no holds barred drinking trip to Chicago( I would like to thank the White Star Club for treating us so well, and not brooming me out when I had to throw out my kick stand):D I figure Once the Big Shooter Pocket Change gets done with his 10k renovation on his 42, Mine will look like the Ghetto Ride it is anyway. ( the wife is trying to keep me from keepin up, no vette, less beer, less stereo, whats next?, just dont say more kisses and cuttles.) I did finally learn how to drive it though, it helps when you shift it forward that it isn,t goin in reverse( long story, star cable hooks on the shifter opposite the rest):rolleyes:

candyman35 05-03-2002 01:53 AM

MIdnight,
If I had your money I'd have a 42' with triples and not my 35'. :D I hate when the cables get reversed.

I thought you were engaged. Did the big event happen and if so Congratulations. See post “wife for sale”. :D :D :D

Latter,
Dan

MIdnightRider 05-03-2002 02:48 AM

I'm actually getting married in November, but she lives with me, we might as well be. I love her to death, but sometimes women are a pain. She is great though, her and I lit it up in Chi Town, she was dancin on the bar at Bar Chicago, showin her G-sting, She's a cutie, and can be fun. But there are days when I could trade up. We startin our season offically tomorrow, I brought the boat to the marina on Wednesday. I am pumped, Fountain's just look sweet sittin in the water. Good job Reggie:cool:

boot 05-03-2002 08:02 AM

candyman35, THat chip will wake up that chevy !
:D
They are a little more mild stock then what chevy claims . WD was dynoing them for a while with a GM rep . THey were only doing 198 hp on the ground stock :confused: Where is the 325 they claim ? I have set up a few for towing and was very disapointed with how they ran stock . Now don't you guys jump all over me for saying that !:rolleyes: Just stating what I see as I drive ALL makes every day . I do about 300 hitch installs every year . I was just a little disapointed with the chevy .

Pocket Change 05-03-2002 09:49 AM

Chad - did you finally get that Radioshack CD player with the Krako speakers installed? I know where yu can get a EQ for $49 that will rally pump out the distortion:D

Rick

ps - ordered the motor yesterday, the guy is dropping it off to me for free when he brings a couple other motors up to k-zoo in a week or so. I got it fully dressed, so all we have to do is put the manifolds on, drop it in, hook up the exhaust and go (yea right):eek: