If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Prop Locks.

My Boats:
    1997 23' WPM Cat!!
    LaPorte IN.

Prop Locks.

Who is using a prop lock and what is the best one to use. Now that Spinelli is closed I am a little more concerned about getting my prop ripped off. Do the locks still use the locking tab washer that are on the stock set-up? I will also be trying props to hopefully find one that compares to the 29 Spinelli that I am running now. If I go to an unfamiliar lake I will start out using something other than the Spinelli until I get familiar with the sand bars. Thanks for your suggestions on the lock.

My Boats:
    20 Donzi Minx, 18 Donzi Classic
    Darien, CT
    I use thing that worried me in the past was that it does not use the locking tabs...but, I have never had a prop come off(knock wood).

My Boats:
    1997 Formula 271 FASTech
    Austin, Texas, USA

Thumbs up

I used the McGard lock all last season on a LH prop without any problem. I too was concerned about not using the locking tabs with LH rotation but the nut was OK every time I checked it and still tight this spring when I pulled the prop for maintenance. Just make sure every thing is seated correctly and torque the nut to spec. Because I store my rig in a boat/RV storage lot with access by many other people I have the McGard lock on the stern drive also.