Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Did FPC go off to the Bahamas today? >

Did FPC go off to the Bahamas today?

Notices

Did FPC go off to the Bahamas today?

Old 07-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts
Default Did FPC go off to the Bahamas today?

Poker run was to leave this am but with Tropical Storm Bonnie hovering out there I wonder if they left?

Seas aren't real rough here today but of course 30 miles out that may be a different story!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Poker run was to leave this am but with Tropical Storm Bonnie hovering out there I wonder if they left?

Seas aren't real rough here today but of course 30 miles out that may be a different story!
Jackie had posted on FB that they were not going to cross to Bahamas but redirect down into the Keys. Smart move with the protected waters down there. Maybe she will post updates here ?
Old 07-22-2010, 10:07 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lunch today at Alabama Jacks and then on to Cheeca Lodge.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Registered

Glad to hear they didn't press their luck......ironically the storm is heading directly for the upper keys, the Bahamas should be unscathed!
Old 07-23-2010, 04:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad to hear they didn't press their luck......ironically the storm is heading directly for the upper keys, the Bahamas should be unscathed!
hopefully it will pass quickly, and head more towards Mexico area vs the oily areas in MS and LA..Have fun guys..
Old 07-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

iT'S TOO BAD! Just about every year for this run the weather is horrible. A few years ago I turned around half way and flew over. Tmember the shots of Jim Lee and Kenny Dean last year? Some f the best air shots I ever saw.
Hope they have a good time in the keys and stay dry!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
iT'S TOO BAD! Just about every year for this run the weather is horrible. A few years ago I turned around half way and flew over. Tmember the shots of Jim Lee and Kenny Dean last year? Some f the best air shots I ever saw.
Hope they have a good time in the keys and stay dry!
Jim Lee/Kenny Dean run wasn't FPC and they went in Sept/October which is why it was so rough.

I have done this FPC event 3 times and atleast one way on each trip it was like glass. A couple of times it was very rough one way. It is just tough to plan an event months in advance and depend on the water/weather 50 miles away.
http://www.flpowerboat.com/gallery/d...242&fullsize=1
Look at the water it looks like a lake it is so flat!

This run takes a lot of boaters to destinations they would never attempt on their own (me included!) with the piece of mind of going in a larger group.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Jim Lee/Kenny Dean run wasn't FPC and they went in Sept/October which is why it was so rough.

I have done this FPC event 3 times and atleast one way on each trip it was like glass. A couple of times it was very rough one way. It is just tough to plan an event months in advance and depend on the water/weather 50 miles away.
http://www.flpowerboat.com/gallery/d...242&fullsize=1
Look at the water it looks like a lake it is so flat!

This run takes a lot of boaters to destinations they would never attempt on their own (me included!) with the piece of mind of going in a larger group.
Sorry for the wrong info.