Notices

hull stains

Old 07-28-2010, 01:01 AM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cleaner

this past weekend I used a product called Slimy Grimy which you mix a powder and appy with a sprayer. Got the brown scum off easily and quickly. Best part its bio degradable trailer and lift safe. I was on a raft under the lift with no issues
Old 07-28-2010, 09:36 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmbtile
this past weekend I used a product called Slimy Grimy which you mix a powder and appy with a sprayer. Got the brown scum off easily and quickly. Best part its bio degradable trailer and lift safe. I was on a raft under the lift with no issues

Where can u you buy it?
Old 08-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Registered

Glassdave,have you had a chance to try the other products by Fountain of Youth? Curious what you think.Also those people that I sent product to last week,I would love to hear your comments
Old 08-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by modvp
I've had luck using "On And Off" by Marykate...you can buy it at West Marine.
I agree..... used it for the first time this past weekend and was AMAZED how much cleaner it made my hull. I was a happy camper!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpacker
does power one remove all the wax? How is it on lime scale and limey water spots?
X2
Old 08-05-2010, 10:45 AM
bn
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Iron Out. You can buy it at Home Depot in the plumbing section. Mix it with water in a pump sprayer and then spray it on. The stain drips right off.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by heater63
Dave put it in a spray bottle.spray on dry boat,give it a minute or 2 and just spray off.This product has no acids and is also biodegradable.If anyone would like to try some of these products pm me or just give me a call 315-796-2598.Dave let us know how the other products work for you.Thanks!
Got my gallon this weekend. Stuff works great. Just like ON/OFF but without the harsh smell or burn. Also works great on all the stainless hardware on the transom...surface rust dripped off and left it nice and shiney.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by heater63
Dave put it in a spray bottle.spray on dry boat,give it a minute or 2 and just spray off.This product has no acids and is also biodegradable.If anyone would like to try some of these products pm me or just give me a call 315-796-2598.Dave let us know how the other products work for you.Thanks!
Will it take black soot off of transom? Havn't found anything that will.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jmbtile
+1

www.slimeygrimey.com
Old 08-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
I just picked up some hull cleaner this weekend that ended up being nothing short of amazing. Its called PowerOne and its a simple wipe on wipe off product. Where i boat just a few days in the water leaves a rusty brown discoloration and up until now i was using SnoBowl with ok results but took some elbow grease. I just put this stuff on a rag and wiped it on a dry surface and the stains disappear. Anyone ever use this product?
WOW! I ordered a bottle from Heater63 last week and just got a chance to use it this morning. I am ordering a gallon now. The pictures were taken this morning and it was dark with shadows, but hopefully you can make out the difference between on the left which was untreated and on the right which was sprayed on and hosed off. I had a scum line that I could not get out, and it has been driving me crazy. Have tried On & Off (the spray and the blue gel), the Leverage cleaners and countless others. This stuff is fantastic! I went over it again and rubbed with a terry cloth towel and that showed even better results. I then did both sides, the hull and transom --which did a great job removing the oil residue from my outboards. I have not seen my hull this white from any of the other products.

The only downside I found was it did not seem to like the diamond plate over my wheels. Did not effect any of the galvanized areas (I admit, I have gotten On & Off on galvanized before and watched it turn black), but you can see the run off line. I did start to clean it and it came off fine but who wants to cover anything when you are cleaning your boat?

I used half the bottle for the entire boat. I did it bare handed, did not have to hold my breath like with On & Off and even got some in my eyes thanks to a gust of wind when I was getting an awkward spot under the hull. I probably would still be washing the On & Off out of my eyes right now.

Very, very good product.
Attached Thumbnails hull stains-rs15.jpg   hull stains-rs16.jpg  

Last edited by damdonzi; 08-09-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.