Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What is the right thing to do? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23552-what-right-thing-do.html)

cartman 05-02-2002 10:27 PM

Keep the first deal but make shure he has the money. I wish more people kept their word, everyone has been on the flip side of this one.:cool: :cool:

candyman35 05-02-2002 11:08 PM

Make sure the deal is firm. Unless the other guy backs out you should consider it sold. Money is not as important as how you will feel after the sale.

Any luck on organizing that Poker Run?

Dan

eliminator219 05-02-2002 11:27 PM

Sold...

Always remember, "you are only as good as your word" Didnt you tell the first guy it was his? Too bad a lot of other people don't follow this advise. It would be a lot better world.....Its your life.
eliminator219:D :D :D

Bill272 05-02-2002 11:39 PM

Look at the subject line for your post. If you're asking what should you do, that's up to you. But "What's the right thing to do?" is pretty obvious

Tbonepmp 05-03-2002 01:29 AM

Fountain525sc...

Tell the first guy that you decided that you don't want to sell it anymore for whatever reason you can come up with and sell it to the second guy...!!!
The right thing is NOT always the thing to do...
Maybe I've just been screwed over too many times though...:rolleyes:

puder 05-03-2002 02:57 AM

lkasy year when i bought a 34' (gave the guy a deposit and was ready to pick it up with the transporter and pay the balance) 3 days prior to picking it up he called me and said he was "keeping it" I am pretty sure someone else gave him more money for it.

At least i got my deposit back but biy was i pissed. Quite frankley it still pisses me off!

NASTY HABIT 05-03-2002 06:19 AM

it's a clear case of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" OH-ZONEs method sounded good......I would just be honest with each party...at least that way you can almost consider it sold....

hp500efi 05-03-2002 07:00 AM

I agree, sell it to the first guy, but also make sure the first guy is sincere about closing the deal :)

Cord 05-03-2002 08:44 AM

People can say what they want. The piece is still for sale until somebody shows up with the money. First come first serve. But for future reference, when I'm courting two different buyers, I try to keep them separate. People generally don't like knowing that they have competition.

fountain525sc 05-03-2002 12:11 PM

Thank you all for your help. I decided last night that I cannot go against my morals and I am going to stick to my deal. Money isn't everything. I almost feel bad for even considering the other offer. I knew this was always the right thing to do but also owning a business pulls me both ways. I have to stay good to my word or else I am no good. I hope noone thinks I'm slime for considering the other deal but I really appreciate the help. You are all right, more people need to stick to their word. Money may be lost but I know I'm still gaining something much more valuable.

Thanks,
Ryan