If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Keep the first deal but make shure he has the money. I wish more people kept their word, everyone has been on the flip side of this one.

My Boats:
    1997 35' Fountain
    Tinley Park, IL
    Make sure the deal is firm. Unless the other guy backs out you should consider it sold. Money is not as important as how you will feel after the sale.

Any luck on organizing that Poker Run?

My Boats:
    1999 Eliminator Daytona
    Valparaiso, Indiana

Always remember, "you are only as good as your word" Didnt you tell the first guy it was his? Too bad a lot of other people don't follow this advise. It would be a lot better world.....Its your life.

My Boats:
    95 Formula 336, HP500's
    Lake St. Clair
    Look at the subject line for your post. If you're asking what should you do, that's up to you. But "What's the right thing to do?" is pretty obvious

The Senior Charter Member #1070 Charter Member Tbonepmp's Avatar
    STL / LOTO

Lightbulb Fountain525sc...

Tell the first guy that you decided that you don't want to sell it anymore for whatever reason you can come up with and sell it to the second guy...!!!
    The right thing is NOT always the thing to do...
    Maybe I've just been screwed over too many times though...
    (What you see, is what you get!)
    "Live every day to it's fullest for you give a day of your life to it."

speel chekk this fokker! Charter Member puder's Avatar
    My Boats:
    27' Scarab
    Locust Valley, New York
    lkasy year when i bought a 34' (gave the guy a deposit and was ready to pick it up with the transporter and pay the balance) 3 days prior to picking it up he called me and said he was "keeping it" I am pretty sure someone else gave him more money for it.

At least i got my deposit back but biy was i pissed. Quite frankley it still pisses me off!
    Pardon me, while I whip this out!

My Boats:
    just a filter
    it's a clear case of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" OH-ZONEs method sounded good......I would just be honest with each least that way you can almost consider it sold....

Member #9 Charter Member hp500efi's Avatar
    Pewaukee, WI
    I agree, sell it to the first guy, but also make sure the first guy is sincere about closing the deal
    Member of the Liquid Jungle

Official OSO boat whore Charter Member
    My Boats:
    8' row boat
    Mequon, WI
    People can say what they want. The piece is still for sale until somebody shows up with the money. First come first serve. But for future reference, when I'm courting two different buyers, I try to keep them separate. People generally don't like knowing that they have competition.

My Boats:
    1995 35' Fountain Lightning
    Kansas City, Missouri, USA
    Thank you all for your help. I decided last night that I cannot go against my morals and I am going to stick to my deal. Money isn't everything. I almost feel bad for even considering the other offer. I knew this was always the right thing to do but also owning a business pulls me both ways. I have to stay good to my word or else I am no good. I hope noone thinks I'm slime for considering the other deal but I really appreciate the help. You are all right, more people need to stick to their word. Money may be lost but I know I'm still gaining something much more valuable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast