Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat Surveyor in Ft Lauderdale? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/235534-boat-surveyor-ft-lauderdale.html)

First Gun 07-27-2010 09:55 PM

Another vote for ED !!

sunchaser796 07-28-2010 12:27 AM

ED is very good at what he does. I have known for over 6yrs. We are buds.

tanner 07-28-2010 04:55 PM

Ed for sure, but I have lookd at ALL the 30' Scarab center consoles in the past 6 months before buying one in St. Petersburg. Whih one is it , I might have some info for you,

rchevelle71 07-28-2010 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by tanner (Post 3170108)
Ed for sure, but I have lookd at ALL the 30' Scarab center consoles in the past 6 months before buying one in St. Petersburg. Whih one is it , I might have some info for you,

Find many with rot??

tanner 07-29-2010 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 3170341)
Find many with rot??

ALL of them :eek: But the worst is that they all seem to have been fishing boats that nobody took care of, and nothing worked on them, guages, throttles, pumps etc.. Amazing someone would not spend a few hundred bucks and fix everything so the boat shows well. Anyway, after 6 months of looking finally found a good condition one in St. Pete. And just for future info..NEVER NEVER waste your time going south of the Broward line to look at a boat ... Every Miami boat I saw was a complete waste of Gas !!

J.B. Marshall 07-29-2010 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by tanner (Post 3170756)
ALL of them :eek:
And just for future info..NEVER NEVER waste your time going south of the Broward line to look at a boat ... Every Miami boat I saw was a complete waste of Gas !!

Wow!! Really surprised to hear that :eek:

rchevelle71 07-29-2010 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by tanner (Post 3170756)
ALL of them :eek: But the worst is that they all seem to have been fishing boats that nobody took care of, and nothing worked on them, guages, throttles, pumps etc.. Amazing someone would not spend a few hundred bucks and fix everything so the boat shows well. Anyway, after 6 months of looking finally found a good condition one in St. Pete. And just for future info..NEVER NEVER waste your time going south of the Broward line to look at a boat ... Every Miami boat I saw was a complete waste of Gas !!

I agree, somewhat. My boat came from Hialeah, but was only there for a short time, it was up in CT before that, and I bought it from an OSO Member who since then we have bocome good friends. With that said, the boat did have some rot, but I kew that going into it, it is all fixed now, new transom and stringers over last winter. The reason I asked about the Scarab rot, is that a few years back an OSO member from up north was looking at Scarab CC's down here, and found rot in all of them, I ended up looking at a Scorpion CC(Not Chris Craft) for him down in Miami lakes, and all was good, he bought it, and had Doller marine fix a few things, but then ended up having some repetitive carb probblems with the Yamaha's, and switched to verado's.

Tanner, Did we meet on lake Boca one day, not sure if it was you, but I believe you were selling your Cig. at the time, and you and the Superman boat were tied up with us, and a big SeaRay?

handfulz28 07-29-2010 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by tanner (Post 3170108)

Did you get the blue accented one with the K-planes? That looked like a good deal. I've been looking at them also. Probably one of the best "utility" boats for here in south Florida.

GoFastScott 07-29-2010 08:41 PM

Ill give another recommendation for Ed, he looked at my Donzi for me a couple weeks ago and did a great job for me. He also volunteered to go out and give me some pointers on how to be a better driver, and to help me install some parts that needed fixed but had to be ordered. A solid guy!!

tanner 07-30-2010 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by handfulz28 (Post 3171183)
Did you get the blue accented one with the K-planes? That looked like a good deal. I've been looking at them also. Probably one of the best "utility" boats for here in south Florida.

No, it is a '99 with the blue and red accent design on th side. It was garage kept in the guys warehouse, so it ended up with no rot or other elememt issues... If I wasnt such a cheap ass I would posa picture, but you have to pay this site to post a photo !!! LOL