Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Performance Deckboats--which one? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/235715-performance-deckboats-one.html)

DMOORE 08-10-2010 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dave1972 (Post 3178611)
What's the story with Trident? What makes them such a great boat? Anyone on here have one? Why did they take a break from the rec. market and what other markets are they in?

Right now Wes is working on military programs.

Darrell.

selfmade 08-10-2010 12:33 AM

I have a very close friend who is selling a new eliminator fundeck. Never registered with big power for a very respectable price. If youre interested I can forward the info.

Caincando1 08-10-2010 10:16 AM

If I remember correctly that Trident is a jet drive. Looking at the picture, it looks like it could be. I could be wrong too.

cdowns 08-10-2010 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by rlj676 (Post 3176785)
Love the Tridents!:drink:

What are you asking for this one (I'm not in the market but I'm sure others reading here are).

We're asking around 100k it has a 496 Mag HO with a bravo drive... We will entertain ALL offers.:coolcowboy: The boat runs in the 70's and has a bad a s s sound sys.

Uncle Dave 08-10-2010 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dave1972 (Post 3178611)
What's the story with Trident? What makes them such a great boat? Anyone on here have one? Why did they take a break from the rec. market and what other markets are they in?

They are very light for their size and strong, so they run great with reasonable power.

they are also very unique in their interior layout.

Its a love it or hate it deal.

UD

Dave1972 08-10-2010 01:18 PM

Great replies all--sounds like we have lots of options to explore. Generally speaking doesn't the cat-style ride better than the same size traditional v-bottom style (thus the reason everyone wants a cat) ?

I know none of us buy boats for the resale but to purchase a boat where the company is no longer in business would be a difficult decision to make. Sounds like the Trident boats are awesome and I would entertain the idea but $100k for this scenario seems like quite a leap of faith in this market.

Feel free to PM me with specifics.

If you know of other options post em' up! :)

rlj676 08-10-2010 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dave1972 (Post 3179173)
Great replies all--sounds like we have lots of options to explore. Generally speaking doesn't the cat-style ride better than the same size traditional v-bottom style (thus the reason everyone wants a cat) ?

I know none of us buy boats for the resale but to purchase a boat where the company is no longer in business would be a difficult decision to make. Sounds like the Trident boats are awesome and I would entertain the idea but $100k for this scenario seems like quite a leap of faith in this market.

Feel free to PM me with specifics.

If you know of other options post em' up! :)

Unfortunately Hotboat.com is gone, but there used to be a ton of info there on the Trident development. From what I recall Wes (the owner of Trident) hired engineers, etc and did tons of research on materials, layups, and hull designs. The result is a deckboat with almost entirely trick custom design that runs great with moderate power, due to the hull design and lightweight hull (still quite stiff due to the design and layup).

I was pretty impressed with the amount of work and research he put into the project, much more than splashing a 25 talon like the majority of the other West Coast cat/decks.:party-smiley-004:

You could get more info from him directly, he is Froggystyle over at riverdavesplace.com.

I'd say check out the boat in detail, and then make an offer based on what you find, he said they're accepting offers of course.:drink:

heavyhauler 08-10-2010 08:02 PM

I have a 98 Advantage 28' Party Cat with a Eddie Young 540 and I love the boat, but I would like to move up to the 34' Party Cat. If interested I would sell.

Catmando 08-10-2010 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by heavyhauler (Post 3179557)
I have a 98 Advantage 28' Party Cat with a Eddie Young 540 and I love the boat, but I would like to move up to the 34' Party Cat. If interested I would sell.

Have you talked to Debbie about a trade-in?

freshwaterfiend 08-11-2010 10:38 AM

If I was in the market for a deck, I'd be comfortable buying that Trident even though they're not in production at the moment. Wes is around and I believe he offers solid customer service.

I'd like to see one of his boats run with the new 1350 package in it. That'd be one wild ride . . .