Notices

Insurance i hate you

Old 07-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I forgot i put this up here.

Maybe i should have reworded this. Im happy with my policy on the outlaw but i hate what im hearing about cats. I want a skater with outboards and insurance is killing me.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:13 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Want to really hate insurance.... try insuring a business. This so-called "American Dream" and "you can do anything you want" is all in the balance of insurance companies. Trying to start up a new business along with making sure you are covered is VERY difficult. They will find every reason possible not to cover you. Unless that is you are making bubble wrap in a foam padded room with no machinery or employees.

But back on topic... it looks like you only have a 25' Outlaw. That should not be that had to insure at all, unless it is over 500HP (I think that is the magic number).

Like it was mentioned above, the best bet is keeping everything under the same company and having a clean track record, insurance companies are usually more likely to work with you.

Good luck and I KNOW all to well how frustrating insurance companies can be.
I will pay right at $89,000.00 this year on insurance for the Business, have not filed a claim in years and years! that does no even include performance bonds. makes me sick to my stomach!
Old 07-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated

I pay $1100 per year for the Cafe' through State Farm.
They were my first choice. I have everything through them. Insurance on my last boat, a 26' Scarab, was around $350 a year. They wouldn't give me full coverage on this boat due to age therefore forcing me to look elsewhere.

Ended up at Progressive. Rate is still higher than it should be given the value of the boat IMO, but I had to do something quick.

Buck
Old 07-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Buck would Statefarm do it if you had a survey? I know a lot of those guys will not do it unless you have a recent survey.

Jon
Old 07-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Registered

I use progressive.

$900 per year

$25K "agreed value" boat+trlr
$100k/300k liability (I think - could be 250/500)
$1k fishing equip
etc..

'82 Scarab S-Type 29ft twin 454s
2001 triple axle aluminum trailer

They are the only company that I found that would cover an agreed value since it is so old. Most went off blue book, which goes off typical condition. Mine was warehouse kept and is excellent condition. Never had a claim though, so I can't comment on that.

Tim

I dont even think I needed a survey.

Last edited by tackledackle; 07-30-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LV
I will pay right at $89,000.00 this year on insurance for the Business, have not filed a claim in years and years! that does no even include performance bonds. makes me sick to my stomach!
WOW!!! That is 89,000.01 before you start making a profit!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MidOcean
And yet, most of you guys are against universal health care (expanded Medicare) the end effect being that MRC within the liability portion of your business policy and the MRC within your worker's comp prem. would be eliminated... it's estimated that american businesses spend over 300 Billion.. (with a B) on MRC... it's redundancies like these that make insuring the sick and injured so profitable. Maybe that's why these ins wh*res spent over a million a day to defeat any type of healthcare reform.

Just my 2 cents...

T

I am not against coverage for everyone. I am against how they plan to PAY for it.LOL

I am also against how badly the healthcare system is performing now and how much worse it will get if there is no accountability of anykind.
lets face it The government cant even make registering your car work well, why should we think they can make fixing your body work.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:46 AM
Registered

Insurance is a necessary evil....!!!! When you have to make that phone call one day for that claim it is well worth it... I had an incident years back that was 100% not my fault.....of course I was sued.......didn't cost me a penny....insuarance company took care of everything......and I mean everything.......made me sick that this moron actually collecected a few bucks from his stupidity but it is all about numbers. It was cheaper for them to throw a few bucks at this guy then fight it for years in court.......if I had to fight it myself I would have been f**ked....guys like this are the ones who SUCK!!! we pay for their stupidity with higher premiums to the ins. companies.......

Last edited by Here's Johnny; 07-31-2010 at 05:48 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:07 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 852 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
Insurance is a necessary evil....!!!! When you have to make that phone call one day for that claim it is well worth it... I had an incident years back that was 100% not my fault.....of course I was sued.......didn't cost me a penny....insuarance company took care of everything......and I mean everything.......made me sick that this moron actually collecected a few bucks from his stupidity but it is all about numbers. It was cheaper for them to throw a few bucks at this guy then fight it for years in court.......if I had to fight it myself I would have been f**ked....guys like this are the ones who SUCK!!! we pay for their stupidity with higher premiums to the ins. companies.......
That's why I said the lawyers and insurance companies are kindred spirits. They exist to service each other. Oh...and the politicians we elect make it easy for them to thrive in this environment.

BTW...what happened to your rates?