Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Insurance i hate you (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/235821-insurance-i-hate-you.html)

Outkast Rafe 07-29-2010 05:23 PM

Insurance i hate you

why does insurance have to suck so bad?

seafordguy 07-29-2010 07:23 PM

I am happy with my rate through Wakezone....

If your rate sucks because you have a ton of convictions and claims - well that one is on you....

bjablonski 07-29-2010 08:03 PM

because we cover your assets....

buck183 07-29-2010 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by seafordguy (Post 3171106)
I am happy with my rate through Wakezone....

If your rate sucks because you have a ton of convictions and claims - well that one is on you....

Wakezone quoted me a $2,400.00 annual premium on a 37 yr old boat with twin 350s about four weeks ago. I might add that last ticket I got was 23 yrs ago when I was 17. Something is pretty screwed up about that. No reason this premium should be a penny over $400 a year if not less.

Wobble 07-29-2010 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Outkast Rafe (Post 3171037)
why does insurance have to suck so bad?

We need a little more info before we can join you in your rant

Indy 07-30-2010 06:10 AM

All insurance companies suck, I hate them all. Don't bother ever submitting a claim, they'll make their money back in higher premiums in one year.

If I didn't have all the health, home, auto (no boat at the moment), umbrellas, workers comp, business insurance, and all the ancillary BS policies I'd be comfortably cruising around in an Outerlimits.

Lawyers + insurance companies = kindred spirits that F the American population.

I can't tell you how many people I know that don't submit legitimate claims for fear of being jerked by higher premiums or being shunned by other insurance companies. What's the point of having then?

obnoxus 07-30-2010 06:15 AM

Because we live in a society where some idiot spills hot coffee on themselves and sues McDonalds

26 REDLINE 07-30-2010 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by obnoxus (Post 3171340)
Because we live in a society where some idiot spills hot coffee on themselves and sues McDonalds

Ditto, I have mine through Markel, 2 years @ 2600 a year got my bill a couple of months ago and WOW it went down to 1530 so I am much more happy than last year...:lolhit:

30ctsutphen 07-30-2010 08:58 AM

dont blame stacey at wakezone because shes not in control of things price wise. all she can do is give good customer service and try and get you the best deal she can.

I HATE INSURANCE TOO!

But Of all the people I have dealt with regarding boat insurance, Stacey has helped me out the most, shes been patient, shes been profesional, and most of all helpful.

I have found cheaper prices from some other companies and it was a disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Price isnt every thing, having somone on your side is a huge plus. Its up to you how much that is worth to you.
I know in this economy everyone is going for the bottom dollar price but that is really hurting the quality businesses out there and its giving people less VALUE for thier dollar.

I agree boat insurance on older boats is STUPID. The older it gets the less it costs to replace so why does the price go Up??

WTF is that!

The problem with insurance companies is they have too many lobbyists too many laws in their favor and at least with car insurance you have to have it. so they have a captive group of purchasers.

No claims, no accidents, no tickets and my rates SUCK!

Thats not staceys fault though. Its the parent insurance companies fault.

olredalert 07-30-2010 09:26 AM

----I bumped into a post and popped off a cover snap. Should I file a claim???......Mr.Bill