Notices

apba

Old 05-04-2002, 04:11 PM
Boat Girl

I agree that ABPA and SBI need to make money, but if I remember correctly, the only event SBI charges a price for is Worlds...Miami, no fees for pits or viewing...Ft. Myers no fees either...It was 50 bucks for Daytona VIP for Saturday...no offense, I go to watch a race not to eat lunch with "celebs"...I didnt see Jason Priestly charging for people to see him...Although, it was very nice meeting Bob Carter, he is a very nice guy, I'd rather see the real racing celebs, Art Lilly, Dave Woods, Bob Oliver, Joe Sgro, Peter Meyer, Steve David, Mike Seebold...the list just goes on...

And I think the point snglestack was trying to make was that Marathon told APBA they could not charge for the bridge and they are anyway...maybe I misunderstood...

Last edited by Boat Girl; 05-04-2002 at 04:13 PM.

Old 05-04-2002, 04:48 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little heads up..
For Sunday at Daytona it was $50.00 for the best viewing area atop the restaurant on the pier. Food was free-they ran out before the start of the 2nd race. The bar ran out of WATER at about the same time.
Nick C was there and was surrounded by about 100 l autograph seeking little girls. He was very cordial BUT..... they let his entire crew stand in front of the spectators (who paid the $50) AND the spotters/and the crews of the other boats. This blocked the entire view of half the course for the entire race his boat was in.
Old 05-04-2002, 05:35 PM
Boat Girl

I'd rather pay the 50 bucks to have lunch with some of the drivers and t-men...I'm with you gdftha, Nick maybe talented, but I want to watch a race, not a bunch of teeny boppers trying to get a piece of a boy band...Jason Priestly did bring a lot of media attention to the sport and Miami, but people were there to see a race and respected the fact that he was there to race, he walked around the pits like any other driver and people treated him like any other driver...

Last edited by Boat Girl; 05-04-2002 at 05:38 PM.