Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Jaws boat?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23602-jaws-boat.html)

JROMY 05-03-2002 12:14 PM

Jaws boat??

There is a boat being advertised around Syracuse NY as a "Jaws". The boat was just auctioned and apparently came from Florida. Anybody have an idea what the thing is? The boat is about 24 feet, narrow beam, white with fairly expensive paint job gold/orange graphics. The thing has a VIN riveted to it, not engraved. The boat has hydraulic steering, Bravo drive and no engine.

Sean 05-03-2002 12:18 PM

It's a Superboat copy...

Gearhead99 05-04-2002 08:22 AM

Use to be one here in Orlando. Very Cheaply built boat. Everything was the bare minimum. Lots of wrinkles along the sides.

Had a single 5.7 chevy in it.

I thought they were a Corsa knock off....but I could be wrong.

jb 05-04-2002 08:33 AM

I was wonDering the same thing JROMY

ScreaminDemon 05-04-2002 09:08 AM

very popular "splash" from way back when! not sure who the originator was, but there were many...P&D, Martini, Pantera, Jaws, Twister and so on, even Apache had a copy in the late 90's!

Steve 1 05-04-2002 10:11 AM

Where else?? But Hialeah Florida ;would a wrinkle sided pop come from?? :p

Gearhead99 05-04-2002 07:47 PM

I should of known that being in FL and all.

Geez, I'm slipping.

I also think that the gauge package, that was standard, came from American Motors.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-05-2002 08:32 AM

Steve1 :D :D :D :D :D ;)

FandRRacing 11-12-2009 05:37 PM

I hapen to have a 24 Jaws, it also happens to be orange, the HIN also happens to be riveted to the hull. It is actualy a nice boat. There is nothing wong with the hull but it is not fancy on the inside. mine was a previous race boat so they could have stripped it but it just has 2 bolsters and a bench in the back. Cabin with 2 benches a 2 storage lockers. Nothing fancy but nothing wrong with my boat. Runs 85 with 600hp... has a 502 in it.

AB From Windsor 11-12-2009 07:22 PM

JROMY

I have a 1980 Jaws Super Sport, Manufactured by Lorequin Marine. The boat is almost 30 years old and is still running. It is powered by a 351-W Ford with twin Turbo Charges and still has the Volve Penta 280 outdrive. I have had the engine redone to handle Turbo Chargers but it is more like an "Old Hot Rod" and runs in the 50's with a mild cam. The engine was built strong for teh Turbo's and for just for looks. I didn't want to have to change my out drive every time I would hammer it, it is an Old School Boat and I have never seen another. It runs great and is really great on fuel. I just love the lines of the boat and if you look at the lines of an Activator they are similar. I love the boat and for a boat that is 24 ft. long and 30 years old it it cuts through the waves real nice, I don't beat it up in bad water but open it up quite often. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if I were in the market for one. You can see my boat in some pic's if you go to "Boating by Region" and then click on to "Canada and the Great Lakes", scroll down to "Motor City Fun Run" then go to page 6 and look at post #53 and #58. My boat is blue, yellow and green.