Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
2010 Shootout racers - please read! >

2010 Shootout racers - please read!

Notices

2010 Shootout racers - please read!

Old 08-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 Shootout racers - please read!

Well this year again I am going to work with KRMS, Charter 9 and the web cast as part of the broadcast team.

We get basically nothing from the sign up sheets so if you want some extra air time please send me a bio of you, your crew and your boat specs, sponsors and anything else you want people to know.

I will do my very best to get the information out while you are running, as in the past I am not always "in the booth" so sometimes I can't but I will do my best.

I don't keep stuff from prior years.

Please e-mail to [email protected]

Thanks in advance and look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks.

Mike Alford
Old 08-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

We will be slamming to get the boat done next week, and I'll be sending you an in-depth story if it's ready.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Von Bongo:

I did not check the CaptainRons website this year as we will not be attending did you put this on their site.

This sounds like important information KRMS needs to have in the booth because they dropped the ball last year on the introductions. Rather than all that boring diatribe do background information on some of the boats in between all the down time it would be far better than trying to make up stuff to talk about during the delays.

Put that information on the Shootout website---it is were all the racers go to get information including dock slips. The event website was my first source of information coming from San Diego.

Hope it goes real smooth for you guys and have fun we are going to miss LOTO this year.

We will be back next year with a new boat until then be safe.

KAP
Old 08-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mike,

Is it possible to update listeners on the standings in each class? Doesn't seem like this was done last year, but pardon me if it was.

- John Humphrey
Old 08-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keytime
Mike,

Is it possible to update listeners on the standings in each class? Doesn't seem like this was done last year, but pardon me if it was.

- John Humphrey
No it wasn't done near as often. I asked them to print off the standings every 30 minutes but they were not able to do it for some reason. I will however remind the production people about it and hopefully they can get us the information.

If not I'll be a little better prepared to copy it down myself. In years past we took breaks 3 times an hour so it was easier to get stuff, last year they only took 1 per hour.

They also had more "guest" host last year with, Sanborn, Teague, Mansfield, plus the regulars, Doc, W. Dave and so on so we had less time to "fill". It's always a work in progress!

Last edited by Von Bongo; 08-03-2010 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kap328
Hey Von Bongo:

I did not check the CaptainRons website this year as we will not be attending did you put this on their site.

This sounds like important information KRMS needs to have in the booth because they dropped the ball last year on the introductions. Rather than all that boring diatribe do background information on some of the boats in between all the down time it would be far better than trying to make up stuff to talk about during the delays.

Put that information on the Shootout website---it is were all the racers go to get information including dock slips. The event website was my first source of information coming from San Diego.

Hope it goes real smooth for you guys and have fun we are going to miss LOTO this year.

We will be back next year with a new boat until then be safe.

KAP

Last year I did and they were supposed to send it to all the racers that had signed up. I only heard from 1 or 2 there but I will ask them again. Each year is a learning curve!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
We will be slamming to get the boat done next week, and I'll be sending you an in-depth story if it's ready.
Oh this oughta be good
Old 08-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Oh this oughta be good
I think you'll be able to fill some empty air with it! It's only been a FIVE YEAR process to get the damn boat done!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year I did and they were supposed to send it to all the racers that had signed up. I only heard from 1 or 2 there but I will ask them again. Each year is a learning curve!
Comment:

I never saw it or heard about it!

As you know racers booked their slips on that site so I figured it would be the best venue for this information.

Last year KRMS did not do as good a job as 2008 with boat intro's model, length, power etc.. Another alternative is to get the addresses for all of those racers who have already signed up and mail it to them or have it included in the registration process.

It might be a little late but not to hard to get the information up to the booth for the play by play.

These are just some suggestions for further refinement. In my opinion KRMS's coverage is one of the reasons this is such a world class event. I am sure if other poker runs and races had same or similar coverage you would have tremendous fan turn out and business involvement.

KAP
Old 08-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

No it wasn't done near as often. I asked them to print off the standings every 30 minutes but they were not able to do it for some reason. I will however remind the production people about it and hopefully they can get us the information.

If not I'll be a little better prepared to copy it down myself. In years past we took breaks 3 times an hour so it was easier to get stuff, last year they only took 1 per hour.

They also had more "guest" host last year with, Sanborn, Teague, Mansfield, plus the regulars, Doc, W. Dave and so on so we had less time to "fill". It's always a work in progress!
Sounds good. Thanks for all the hard work. I listen the entire day except for when I'm running.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.