Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cosker On Mystic Delamination (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/236175-cosker-mystic-delamination.html)

1HYPER1 08-11-2010 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by JBS (Post 3179750)
JC was going to repair the boat for "free" which meant I had to deliver and pick the boat up in Florida.it would have cost me $5K to do that and I would have missed a sponsored race.bringing the boat to Skater was a no-brainer---we had the boat actualy fixed for less than it would have cost to drive it to Florida plus still made it to Michigan city and put $20k of sponsorship in JBS racings account.we did win the race overall-even with the prop planted in the transom of the boat.
Everyone can remain skeptical if they want to-JBS racing is very excited about it's future-which may include building the badest ass cats on the planet.

Jeff thanks for the info,I was just curious because you would think as a company that sells such a high end product they would do everything and anything possible to keep there customers happy especially knowing that yourself and Joe are very vocal about the entire situation at hand.I wish you lots of luck and hope you continue to move in a forward direction.

JBS 08-11-2010 09:49 AM

Vocal

We plan on being very vocal about what's happening.I paid top dollar for less than average equipment.I've been lied too directly from Arruda and Cosker and they have lied about me.it's a joke.full exposure is my goal.

boatme 08-11-2010 11:03 AM

Skater is TOP Notch

I have known Peter for many years and I can tell you he is still one of the top builders in the country

Not a bad Glass repair guy either :)

Skater On Garth

BLee 08-11-2010 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by JBS (Post 3179964)
We plan on being very vocal about what's happening.I paid top dollar for less than average equipment.I've been lied too directly from Arruda and Cosker and they have lied about me.it's a joke.full exposure is my goal.

This is making the irony of Cosker's comment to Matt, all the more accurate:

“The Internet can be your greatest friend or your worst enemy these days, with sometimes unqualified people making judgments on situations they have no firsthand knowledge of,” said John Cosker, the founder and owner of Mystic Powerboats in Deland, Fla.

“But hey, it’s America and they are certainly entitled to their opinions.”

I hope you guys get the boat in reliable running condition. It's nice to have some other guys out there like you & Joe, that are competitive in that class, other than JUST Geico mopping up at EVERY event.

Is Aquamania still in the game?

1HYPER1 08-11-2010 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by JBS (Post 3179964)

Good luck to you and the entire team.See you soon.

AB From Windsor 08-11-2010 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 3180050)
This is making the irony of Cosker's comment to Matt, all the more accurate:

“The Internet can be your greatest friend or your worst enemy these days, with sometimes unqualified people making judgments on situations they have no firsthand knowledge of,” said John Cosker, the founder and owner of Mystic Powerboats in Deland, Fla.

“But hey, it’s America and they are certainly entitled to their opinions.”

I hope you guys get the boat in reliable running condition. It's nice to have some other guys out there like you & Joe, that are competitive in that class, other than JUST Geico mopping up at EVERY event.

Is Aquamania still in the game?

That's a good question! Seen pic's of Aqua-Mania running at the 1000 Island Poker Run last weekend.

skaterdave 08-11-2010 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by audacity (Post 3179657)

SKATERDAVE...if you know so much??? or anyone else i IMPLORE you to POST something POSITIVE that JBS Racing and or SKATER should be doing? because according to you we have no idea. skater/peter is included in that last statement because why would he be doing ANYTHING for a team like ours; according to you!!?? i assure you it's not the money! it's NOT one of his boats! if it was he would take the boat in, do what he wanted and told us to come back with a check later!!!

something positive jbs or skater should be doing???? i have no issues concerning skater. my issue is when you state your "WORKING WITH SKATER TO FIX MYSTICS".
here's what you posted :

'the current ones out there running and or built can be corrected at skater with the assistance of JBS Racing and our resources.'

that's a misleading statement. jeff took the boat to skater and they fixed it. what did your assistance consist of? nothing except jeff signing a check!!

my point was that for the last several years ever since jeff bought the boat, outside of aruda and his employees, jeff has had you supposedly looking out for his interests and the boat. or at least thats what you should have been doing. you seem to be front man in his operation. you've been involved since day one with jeff on this adventure and now 3 plus yrs later your just realizing what the some of the problems are? if this was real racing such as nascar or some other true professional motorsports team you and who ever was jeff's crew cheif would be long gone.

so to be positive, here is some advice, hire someone like JT that will go threw the boat with a fine tooth comb. make any corrections before jeff hurts him self or others.

as for skater, i have nothing negative to say about them. but you guys try to make it sound like skater did this out of the kindness of his heart. skater has got plenty of his his own boats in for repairs, so i doubt skater would bump those guys in favor of you and then fix it cause he like you???? and for free

as for Cosker. he offered to fix the problem at his costs, but it was cheaper to have skater do it. the logistics make sense. since then cosker has issued statements concerning the problems with both boats which seems to explain the problems. but you guys are now bashing mystic, but yet have made NO real factual statements with why it happened or what you did to correct the problem. IMO you have NO understanding of the high end composites and the actaul work involved in building one. so, outside the issues cosker addressed please explain the rest of your greivances and what should be done to correct them.

audacity 08-11-2010 08:31 PM

facts???...cosker's boats fall apart and he is unable to fix them correctly.

is skater fixing the bottom to look like the mystic??...NO. if the boat runs like crap it's no ones fault but mine!

till then. we will just have to see.

again, have you talked with peter? you seem to know him? if u r a wash-down boy u will get nothing. but if your close like you are in the know, like you say you are? he's going to tell you what we are about.

"you've been involved since day one with jeff on this adventure and now 3 plus yrs later your just realizing what the some of the problems are?"....I DID! as did my crew cheif!!!! MY JOB FOR # YEARS WAS TO MOVE STICKS...NOT building, rigging, testing. throttling, and maintaining like i did with all of the donzi's and the SC. arruda has been trying to get rid of me since the day i showed up! let us all know the day you spend millions with someone and try and walk before your project is completed. AGAIN...how long did it take geico and haggin to part ways??????

SME1 08-11-2010 08:42 PM

5 mil? Thats a lot of turbines and rigging. :party-smiley-004: