Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cosker On Mystic Delamination (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/236175-cosker-mystic-delamination.html)

JBS 08-10-2010 04:01 PM

Mystic mistake

I might have posted too soon-maybe it should be Mistake

Catmando 08-10-2010 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by JBS (Post 3179318)
I might have posted too soon-maybe it should be Mistake

Maybe your next boat should be a Skater...

ApachePete 08-10-2010 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3179331)

Ya think!

Catmando 08-10-2010 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 (Post 3175347)
..........skater?

Dave Scott/John Tomlinson
36 Skater
1500hp Sterlings
202.907mph

Mastercraft240 08-10-2010 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3179443)
Dave Scott/John Tomlinson
36 Skater
1500hp Sterlings
202.907mph

Thanks. So to whom ever said Cosker has gone somewhere no-one else has.... you were wrong:grinser010:. I'm sure skater could very well pull off what Cosker has. Right now, Mystic seems to be whats "in". In the end, the proven design always prevails. Skater.

(no beef with the MTI crew, lol)

audacity 08-10-2010 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3179331)

our next will be built by peter!

we have lots of development work to do!!.....so...
==fill in the blank here===built by SKATER!

peter has built a TON of other companies boats for them! be it their design or his with a different name badge.

audacity 08-10-2010 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 (Post 3179481)
Thanks. So to whom ever said Cosker has gone somewhere no-one else has.... you were wrong:grinser010:. I'm sure skater could very well pull off what Cosker has. Right now, Mystic seems to be whats "in". In the end, the proven design always prevails. Skater.

(no beef with the MTI crew, lol)

the magic, uss misery, mystery, or whatever ya call it; is OUT RIGHT NOW!

i guess you maybe ok for pleasuring one around with gas engines in one????...but no way for racing one and or one with t53's in one. at least in the current mystic/turbine marine configuration! NO WAY; both the engine and hull hate each other!

the current ones out there running and or built can be corrected at skater with the assistance of JBS Racing and our resources.

future potential buyers of a 180 mph PLUS boat will be blow away what we will have in-store for them. WAIT FOR IT.... WAIT FOR IT.... RELIABILITY, STABILITY to name two. a customer should take possession of their product with the knowledge and skills essential for the goal(s) they originally came to you for. from the people operating the product to those working on it.

i was quoted in PB around 2000ish saying:
"it's NOT how fast you go. It's HOW WELL YOU GO FAST!"

Pro1 08-10-2010 07:37 PM

I agree Peter is a good guy and very professional and stands behind his boats. If I bought 2 boats that fell apart and delaminated i would be crazy. You can put 3000hp in anything and make it run. The stories you hear about boat building are crazy. It seems more then half the boats at Skater are customer's boats. The 46 Skater Tom Cat is heading back to Skater to get a single wide screen windshield. That will require extensive deck modification from Skater.

I also find a true test of a 40 Skater lay up with Jet Set a turbine 1994 Skater has over a 1000 hours easy on it and the arnesons and the hull are flawless yet a Mystic cant go a to a 100 hours before it is falling apart or the galss work is crushing on the trailer from its own weight.

Jet Set is a 200 mph boat.

skaterdave 08-10-2010 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by audacity (Post 3179523)
the magic, uss misery, mystery, or whatever ya call it; is OUT RIGHT NOW!

the current ones out there running and or built can be corrected at skater with the assistance of JBS Racing and our resources.

ok well this just tops the BS meter, atleast with me.

granted skater repaired your boat and skater is a pioneer in offshore cats, but...........

i have to stop there and say in NO WAY should you guys or "your resources" start talking about correcting any boats, Mystic or other.

you azz-clowns still haven't finished a race since declaring your independence from aruda. its been almost 2 months and no one thought to inspect the prop shafts on a 200 mph boat? oohhh aruda kept the good Zeigert shafts and gave you guys chitty old olds. but he promised us............

appearantly no one at jbs paid any attention to the workmanship or double checked anything with that boat for the last several years. basically since jeff bought it. but now you guys are ready to give advice and "correct" whats wrong. wow, thats a really fast learning curve. and now that skater fixed your boat your jumping on his coat tails.

signed, dave the boat washer boy

Wahoo ATV 08-10-2010 08:19 PM

These threads do nothing to maintain the value of jeff's investment. But like a car crash, I just have to look.