Cosker On Mystic Delamination >

Cosker On Mystic Delamination

Notices

Cosker On Mystic Delamination

Old 08-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Sorry guys, the link broke. I've reposted it above, as well as here, http://www.boats.com/boat-content/20...-other-issues/

One more point you might find interesting: Cosker took time from his vacation with his family to answer my questions. I cannot begin to tell you, based on 15 years of covering the go-fast world, how rare that is.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 08-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by McGary911
Great to see a builder admitting a mistake or 2 and making it right. no BS at all.
Agreed.

Hopefully they have it figured out and won't see these problems going forward.

I also think the explanation of the speeds his boats basically all see certainly adds to the stresses on those boats, and the need to get the lamination perfect.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Registered
VIP Member

It's always great to see a builder stand behind their product. I know i'm going to get alot of crap for my next comment, but here we go. It should have never happened in the first place. You build a boat for those speeds and then you admit it was inferior quality. Thank God you don't build planes. Like I said before, I'm going to hear it, and I deserve to hear it. I'm just giving my opinion. I'm a nobody who could only dream of having a 50 ft Mystic, but it is America and I do have an opinion.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:27 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by frankenstein
It's always great to see a builder stand behind their product. I know i'm going to get alot of crap for my next comment, but here we go. It should have never happened in the first place. You build a boat for those speeds and then you admit it was inferior quality. Thank God you don't build planes. Like I said before, I'm going to hear it, and I deserve to hear it. I'm just giving my opinion. I'm a nobody who could only dream of having a 50 ft Mystic, but it is America and I do have an opinion.
NASA shouldn't build space shuttles either...... When pushing the limits, you will sometimes find limits, and then you improve. Nobody has gone where Cosker has gone.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by saxman
NASA shouldn't build space shuttles either...... When pushing the limits, you will sometimes find limits, and then you improve. Nobody has gone where Cosker has gone.
..........skater?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I think he did the right thing & came clean. No manufacturer of anything is perfect to my knowledge but obviously some product / vehicle failures result in greater losses than others.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:43 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
..........skater?
Mystic is the only one where ALMOST all of the boats coming out of their door are running 200mph any day of the week. I understand alot of MTI's and Skater's can push the 170-180 mark on a regular basis, but I would bet there are more Mystics breaking 200 than all other manufacturers combined.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by saxman
Mystic is the only one where ALMOST all of the boats coming out of their door are running 200mph any day of the week. I understand alot of MTI's and Skater's can push the 170-180 mark on a regular basis, but I would bet there are more Mystics breaking 200 than all other manufacturers combined.
Probably a fact but lets not forget they are 50' & cannopied b/c I'm thinking 170 in a 38' open cockpit boat spells disaster.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Registered

has anyone been doing the higher hp turbines, or any engines in a skater of any sort and looking for a huge number?

also, another question, i do not know, so just asking, why have none of the mystics beaten the bacardi silver kilo record? was it different classes? or how does that work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.