Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/236923-don-aronow-memorial-race-sept-18th.html)

MiniHawk 09-19-2010 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sonic30ss (Post 3211903)
Thanks Angel

It was nice meeting you and congrats!! With that, i'd love a ride on the winning boat one day =)

Sam

Stormrider 09-19-2010 09:41 PM

Joe, it was nice talking to you before the race.
Congrats on completing the run, and in good time too.
Now you should be confident on running the boat to PW next time!
30ft, small blocks and alphas!
Well done!

Sonic30ss 09-19-2010 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by MiniHawk (Post 3211989)
It was nice meeting you and congrats!! With that, i'd love a ride on the winning boat one day =)

Sam

Good to meet you too Sam, Next time I'm in PW I'd be happy to give you a ride.
Keep the faith with that cool little mini hawk

Sonic30ss 09-19-2010 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 3212061)
Joe, it was nice talking to you before the race.
Congrats on completing the run, and in good time too.
Now you should be confident on running the boat to PW next time!
30ft, small blocks and alphas!
Well done!

Thanks Storm, good talking to you too

MiniHawk 09-19-2010 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sonic30ss (Post 3212067)
Good to meet you too Sam, Next time I'm in PW I'd be happy to give you a ride.
Keep the faith with that cool little mini hawk

Sounds good Joe! My pictures are up on National Powerboat website btw.

It was awesome seeing you take off in the beginning! I was onboard Guy LaMotta's big 53' Magnum, which we used as the race pace-boat.

Sonic30ss 09-19-2010 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ciao! (Post 3211523)
270 mile race and you couldn't make a certain hotel in Manhattan! And on that bombshell - Well Done!

John,
The offer was very hard to pass up, but I had to go home and spend some time with my wife and daughter.
If your in the states again anytime soon ring me up and we'll hang out.....that is if I don't make it to England first!
Great to meet you mate
Joe

Sonic30ss 09-19-2010 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by AIR TIME (Post 3211595)
congrats on the win, wish I was there, how much gas did you go through burn and how big is your tank. and please tell us MORE ABOUT THE WAVES HOW THINGS BROKE YOUR THE CHAMP so please post every detail about the start to the finish I am sure we all here would love to hear about what was going through your minds as waves got bigger tab stops, gas fumes coming and also from the rest of the guys please tell us more you are the champs of the biggist longest race in decades. its to bad that opa moved there race to the same date guess they were afraid to many race boats would break and not make the next race:grinser010:. this is hugh, giant, MAN 270 miles now thats a race CONGRATS you guys are our HERO's you did it in a boat that a lot of guys could own not a million dollar race boat. no matter what happens next year or after YOU GUYS DID IT 1ST. god bless and lets here more about the race, I was putting a deposit on my new gas tank:eek: and will start pulling out my motor and old tank monday. new tank 10 days. and then back to rigging again. art

Thanks for the props!
I have not figured total fuel burn yet , need to fill tanks to get that number. Read Top Banana's post(s) in the sticky "hero's"
no sense rehashing what he is already posting.
Don't forget we did not do this first, maybe the first in twenty years, but most definitly NOT the first.

Here's Johnny 09-20-2010 05:05 AM

WOW!!! Just got back from vacation last night.....1st thing I did this morning was check this thread.......CONGRATS SONIC30SS!!!!!! So upset that I couldn't make the race.......timing was just bad for me.......so glad to see a 30'er win this endurance race.......and a Sonic to boot!!!! NICE!!!! Congrats to the whole crew!!!! Good job guys!!!!

Sonic30ss 09-20-2010 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny (Post 3212131)
WOW!!! Just got back from vacation last night.....1st thing I did this morning was check this thread.......CONGRATS SONIC30SS!!!!!! So upset that I couldn't make the race.......timing was just bad for me.......so glad to see a 30'er win this endurance race.......and a Sonic to boot!!!! NICE!!!! Congrats to the whole crew!!!! Good job guys!!!!

Thanks Johnny

1MOSES1 10-29-2010 08:09 AM

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but, Sonic30SS

Do you happen to launch out of Hays Haven?

If not I have seen a boat exactly like yours there...