Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/236923-don-aronow-memorial-race-sept-18th.html)

MiniHawk 09-16-2010 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ciao! (Post 3210000)
Enjoyed the small storm this evening!

Managed to climb over a broken tree on the way back to my Hotel.

Was watching the local news - Still love how the Yanks ramp it up!

Come down to Manhasset bay for the event....i'll give ya a history lesson on the area =) If you need anything let me know I'll be glad to help. Would like to meet you

Sam

Ciao! 09-17-2010 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by MiniHawk (Post 3210025)
Come down to Manhasset bay for the event....i'll give ya a history lesson on the area =) If you need anything let me know I'll be glad to help. Would like to meet you

Sam

Will be there lunch time today - Look forward to meeting you.

MiniHawk 09-17-2010 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Ciao! (Post 3210191)
Will be there lunch time today - Look forward to meeting you.

I'm going to be there at the end of school. I run a 13' mini cigarette. Look for me later on..

Big Time 09-17-2010 09:38 AM

I might try to head over a little before lunch time as well. I will be heading over with just my compass, so would anyone be able to tell me if there are any distinguishable buildings, structure’s, or anything else I might be able to make out from the water to let me know that I have reached Manhasset Bay? I will be coming from the east heading west.

MiniHawk 09-17-2010 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Big Time (Post 3210337)
I might try to head over a little before lunch time as well. I will be heading over with just my compass, so would anyone be able to tell me if there are any distinguishable buildings, structure’s, or anything else I might be able to make out from the water to let me know that I have reached Manhasset Bay? I will be coming from the east heading west.

You'll see the no wake sign and a big mansion on plum point... go all the way down the bay till you see a big yacht club. and louies. turn left go down to LaMottas.

text me 516 780 4248 if lost

quicklt1 09-17-2010 08:06 PM

just got back..saw them put in the 50' Outerlimits with quad somethings they didnt start it?? Wow..and saw a sick Outerlimit cat ,,they make some boats!!

MiniHawk 09-17-2010 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by quicklt1 (Post 3210818)
just got back..saw them put in the 50' Outerlimits with quad somethings they didnt start it?? Wow..and saw a sick Outerlimit cat ,,they make some boats!!

52'... i got pics if u want em

wayne272 09-17-2010 09:43 PM

They're calling for 1' in the sound and 3-6' in the ocean for tomorrow.

Top Banana 09-18-2010 05:31 AM

I will be on the Sonic with the twin gas engines. Looking for all the really quick boats to go as fast as they can and break before we hit the ocean.....then we can show our stuff.

Safe race for everyone, thanks to all who came to enjoy real open ocean racing like it used to be.

Can't say how much Billy Frenz has done getting this thing organized and really up and runnng .....he deserves all the credit for the resurgence of this kind of racing in the years to come.

Michael Aronow attended the party last night and met the English team and compared notes on Cowes and many good memories.

He said Don would have loved this race today and the people involved....especially the new blood that really get what navigating and strategy and long distance pacing is all about.