Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th >

Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th

Notices

Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 18th

Old 09-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrat's to the Sonic Crew on winning the Don Aronow Memorial Race Around Long Island. What an Honour and Victory for this crew and a great story.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks to all for your congratulations, winning this race was truly an honor. Thanks to Jon my navigator for plotting and keeping me on course (PS he is a sailboater!) Charlie McCarthy for riding with us and being my "technical advisor".
Billy and Lamottas for organizing and hosting the event. Guy Jr. thanks for coming back late on a Sunday to crane me out.
To the crew from England....thanks for coming back to celebrate with me...you guys are great, and I wish you best of luck with the new boat.
I'm still walking on air this morning, this was not any easy race we had some breakdowns and I had to run with no power steering and one tab full up from Montauk to Shinnicock Inlet and surf in on the breakers to get to the fuel dock to make "repairs" (think McGyver). The waves were much too large to try to work on the boat offshore.
But we outlasted the other boats and finished and incredibly we won. Thanks again to all who made it happen!!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic30ss
Thanks to all for your congratulations, winning this race was truly an honor. Thanks to Jon my navigator for plotting and keeping me on course (PS he is a sailboater!) Charlie McCarthy for riding with us and being my "technical advisor".
Billy and Lamottas for organizing and hosting the event. Guy Jr. thanks for coming back late on a Sunday to crane me out.
To the crew from England....thanks for coming back to celebrate with me...you guys are great, and I wish you best of luck with the new boat.
I'm still walking on air this morning, this was not any easy race we had some breakdowns and I had to run with no power steering and one tab full up from Montauk to Shinnicock Inlet and surf in on the breakers to get to the fuel dock to make "repairs" (think McGyver). The waves were much too large to try to work on the boat offshore.
But we outlasted the other boats and finished and incredibly we won. Thanks again to all who made it happen!!!!
270 mile race and you couldn't make a certain hotel in Manhattan! And on that bombshell - Well Done!
Old 09-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

congrats on the win, wish I was there, how much gas did you go through burn and how big is your tank. and please tell us MORE ABOUT THE WAVES HOW THINGS BROKE YOUR THE CHAMP so please post every detail about the start to the finish I am sure we all here would love to hear about what was going through your minds as waves got bigger tab stops, gas fumes coming and also from the rest of the guys please tell us more you are the champs of the biggist longest race in decades. its to bad that opa moved there race to the same date guess they were afraid to many race boats would break and not make the next race. this is hugh, giant, MAN 270 miles now thats a race CONGRATS you guys are our HERO's you did it in a boat that a lot of guys could own not a million dollar race boat. no matter what happens next year or after YOU GUYS DID IT 1ST. god bless and lets here more about the race, I was putting a deposit on my new gas tank and will start pulling out my motor and old tank monday. new tank 10 days. and then back to rigging again. art
Old 09-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Charlie

Big congratulations to you and Crew members. First Place around L.I. in a 30’ production boat with stock equipment is fantastic..

True Offshore running.

Great Job
Old 09-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats SONIC30SS !!! What a dream ! Great Job..

Angel
Old 09-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Bob Saccenti
Charlie

Big congratulations to you and Crew members. First Place around L.I. in a 30’ production boat with stock equipment is fantastic..

True Offshore running.

Great Job
Wow......Bob Saccenti congratulating me???? One of my offshore heros!!!! This whole thing is a surreal dream!!!!
Thanks Bob
Old 09-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Pantera24
Congrats SONIC30SS !!! What a dream ! Great Job..

Angel
Thanks Angel
Old 09-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Banned

Thanks Angel
It was nice meeting you and congrats!! With that, i'd love a ride on the winning boat one day =)

Sam
Old 09-19-2010, 09:41 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Joe, it was nice talking to you before the race.
Congrats on completing the run, and in good time too.
Now you should be confident on running the boat to PW next time!
30ft, small blocks and alphas!
Well done!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.