Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
32' Sunsation vs 35' Fountain >

32' Sunsation vs 35' Fountain

Notices

32' Sunsation vs 35' Fountain

Old 08-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you do get the 35 fountain, the next step will be the 38. From what I've read, a lot of people like the 38 better than the 35
Old 08-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Registered

I was in the same "boat" as you a few months ago. After a lot of looking and riding/driving both I went Fountain as well. Not that the Sunsation isn't a great boat- it is. Sunsation is also built right here in MI near Algonac and obviously their customer service is second to none... so you definitely couldn't go wrong with one. In the end though, the Fountain was a more stable hull at speed (as others have mentioned) and the fit/finish is definitely nicer in the Fountain. I just knew that as soon as I went with the 32.. I would want a 35. Plus, so far, I have had great experiences with Tony at customer service with Fountain. I picked up a 2000 Ex w/ 500EFI's and have been very happy with it.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KN
Ok guys have any of you owned or driven both of these boats? How do they compare in performance, size,running surface, cockpit, and cabin. I know the running surface on the Sunsationis is just under 30' I'm assuming the Fountain is somewhere around 32'
I know a Sunsation with lab fiinshed props and 496MagHO's will run 83 MPH with great acceleration and good cruising speeds. Sunsation has some of the best customer service in the industry. I've owned a 32' Sunsation and a 29' Fountain. My preferance would be a 32' Sunsation but I have found what I think are great deals on 3 35' Fountains

Thanks What do you guys think of these three boats? Which one would you choose?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o35515-en.html
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o31728-en.html
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/35-Fo...wer_Motorboats
I owned an 04-- 32 Sunsation with 496mag ho's and have a friend who has an 05-- 35 Fountain with staggerd 525's and have spent a lot of time in his boat.

The Sunsation was a 75-78mph with labbed props. It ran well but was very rough in bigger water and sloppy water like the start of a poker run. My wife hated it, and we bought a 42' Fountain. The 35 is faster and more stable in rough water. It is a great boat. The Sunsation will give you great CS, but if they are both used then it will be the dealer. If you are running it in inland lakes then the ride of the Sunsation should be OK, but with the side by side engines they are much harder and have a lot of bowrise getting on plane. The staggered config of the engines in his Fountain does take up alot of space in the cockpit and the Sunsation will have the larger cockpit. I have another friend with a 35 Fountain with 496 mag ho's with a little work to the exhaust, headers and some other minor work and he has passed me at 85.

Both are great boats and you really won't go wrong with either. Good luck.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

The only real differences in the two is one is bigger and heavier, the other is smaller and lighter. My biggest beef with a 35 Executioner is there's no freeboard at the helm. When at the helm it feels like you should be driving it on your knees especially if your 6' or more.
As been said, both are "great boats" as are many others. It always comes down to personal preference and style. But the bottom line is which one pops up as the best overall deal, espeically if you're looking to buy that used.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:15 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The 35 FOUNTAIN without any second thoughts.... 32 Sunsation is a good looking boat.... but it is not in the same category performance & comfort as a 35 FOUNTAIN... imo
Old 08-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by gerritm
I owned an 04-- 32 Sunsation with 496mag ho's and have a friend who has an 05-- 35 Fountain with staggerd 525's and have spent a lot of time in his boat.

The Sunsation was a 75-78mph with labbed props. It ran well but was very rough in bigger water and sloppy water like the start of a poker run. My wife hated it, and we bought a 42' Fountain. The 35 is faster and more stable in rough water. It is a great boat. The Sunsation will give you great CS, but if they are both used then it will be the dealer. If you are running it in inland lakes then the ride of the Sunsation should be OK, but with the side by side engines they are much harder and have a lot of bowrise getting on plane. The staggered config of the engines in his Fountain does take up alot of space in the cockpit and the Sunsation will have the larger cockpit. I have another friend with a 35 Fountain with 496 mag ho's with a little work to the exhaust, headers and some other minor work and he has passed me at 85.

Both are great boats and you really won't go wrong with either. Good luck.
I thought 05's were side by side?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o35503-en.html
Old 08-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by northerndoc
I was in the same "boat" as you a few months ago. After a lot of looking and riding/driving both I went Fountain as well. Not that the Sunsation isn't a great boat- it is. Sunsation is also built right here in MI near Algonac and obviously their customer service is second to none... so you definitely couldn't go wrong with one. In the end though, the Fountain was a more stable hull at speed (as others have mentioned) and the fit/finish is definitely nicer in the Fountain. I just knew that as soon as I went with the 32.. I would want a 35. Plus, so far, I have had great experiences with Tony at customer service with Fountain. I picked up a 2000 Ex w/ 500EFI's and have been very happy with it.
I'm not gonna lie, you're the first person I've EVER heard say the fit/finish is better in a fountain, than a Sunny. Yes, I own, a Sunny, and as far as I'm concerned, Fountains interior leave much to be desired!
Old 08-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Save your money, buy a new hull design 32 sunsation. Have been on both boats. The 32 sunny passed use on the 35 like we were sitting still on the waters of lake erie.Was not that impressed with the 35.Plus head room is way better to.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Registered

Smile

Run them both then pick YOUR choice. Look at the hours on the engines 300 on the 525 (may need freshened?) the 496 with 300 hours? The fountain hull is hard to beat but the cabin on the Sunny if you plan to stay out (cabin height) is nice. Check out the drives status make a sheet and truly compare. My vote is for a 38 fountain they handle better and are worth an extra ten.
Jmho
Old 08-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fasthawk6
Save your money, buy a new hull design 32 sunsation. Have been on both boats. The 32 sunny passed use on the 35 like we were sitting still on the waters of lake erie.Was not that impressed with the 35.Plus head room is way better to.
Judging by the prices of the 35 deals he was posting.....he could buy about half a new hull 32. Sunsation owners tend to be pretty proud (they are nice boats, don't get me wrong).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.