If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Boat Covers

My Boats:
    25' Checkmate Convincor, 19 Checkmate Convincor, 23 Crownline, a Sea Doo, a 12' sailboat, and two kayaks!!
    King george, Virginia/Potomac River

Boat Covers

Anyone use these covers? How do they fit? How do they hold up? Are you happy with it? Which one did you go with?

My other boat, a 21' Crownline bow rider, needs a secondary cover. The original covers (has 2-cockpit and bow area) that came with the boat have some design flaws. One, it has cut-outs with velcro around the bimini top mounts on the windshield frame. This leaves a small opening for water to get in the boat during a hard rain. Second, the cover for the bow area snaps to the bottom of the windshield which also leaves a place for water to get in. Lastly, the sun is starting to take a toll on the gel and this looks like this type of cover will give some protection against fading on the surface areas of the gel coat.

They look good, would also like to know if anyone else has tried and tested?

Platinum Member Platinum Member Knot 4 Me's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Central IL
    Go with a custom fit Westland cover if you want to go mail order. You can get them through iBoats or Overton's. My Chap came from the factory with Taylor Made covers and the fit and finish sucks.