Notices

Boat Wrap

Old 08-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boat Wrap

I am looking for any info on boat wraps.

Likes / Dislikes?
How long do they last?(My boat is stored in a garage when not in use)
Best place to get them done close to Cincinnati?
Price range?
Does anyone have any photos to share?

Any info is appreciated! Thanks.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Sognzoo is awesome... You would be looking 4-5grand and I know people that have had theirs for multiple years
Old 08-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Registered

Thanks Kyboy... Is that for just below the rub rail or is that the whole boat?
Old 08-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do them in Texas, My pricing is per square foot with a minimum charge. It takes a lot of time on a boat as there are no templates and layout is difficult. 3M warranty's there material for 3 years if correctly installed and documented. Get several quotes and references and check them out. Boat and vehicle wraps are different so make sure whoever you use has done boats before.
Just my .02 and 12 yrs experience

good luck!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It really depends. They usually wrap everything below the rub rail from what I see and then on the top they will try to save you money if they can. Check out there website http://www.signzoo.com/index.html they really have done some incredible boats that are on this forum. I have personally seen them and still don;t beleive some of them aren't a airbrush job. Guys name is Jason Getman that does the design work and they have certified installers all over the country that will come to your palce and install it for $500 extra. Worth it to me to leave mine in the garage and let them come here than waste tires and gas to haul it.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Registered

My boat is wrapped and its from the water line up including the top of the bow and the dash. It looks really good and gets a lot of compliments but me being the one to wash it a few times a week I notice the flaws. There will be seams (noone but me seem to notice) You will have to be careful as to how you tie your ropes for your anchors and what not as it will rub holes in the wrap. There are some negatives to it but overall I like it. Buy a solid white boat, wrap it every few years and you have a new boat. Mine is almost a year old and the colors still look great. I do spray wax it twice a week. I would have another boat wrapped mainly because I like the fact you can have a one of a kind boat!! Most everyone says who painted your boat so be ready to explain over and over its not painted lol.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Registered

Boat is for sale by the way. I know there are some Profile haters on this site but we have had this boat out every weekend and a couple times a week all year and really like the boat. If interested send me a PM. Thanks!!

Last edited by Foushee; 08-18-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kyboy1020
It really depends. They usually wrap everything below the rub rail from what I see and then on the top they will try to save you money if they can. Check out there website http://www.signzoo.com/index.html they really have done some incredible boats that are on this forum. I have personally seen them and still don;t beleive some of them aren't a airbrush job. Guys name is Jason Getman that does the design work and they have certified installers all over the country that will come to your palce and install it for $500 extra. Worth it to me to leave mine in the garage and let them come here than waste tires and gas to haul it.
wow
Attached Thumbnails Boat Wrap-cig.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Registered

Is that a marilyn wrap
Old 08-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Registered

Wraps are a great way to go... they are changeable and preserve the boats original finish at the same time!

My fountain had a Factory painted flag that I wanted to tone down so i went with a plain white to cover it up!
Next year I plan to remove it and go with a gloss black.

I have been in the graphics business for 20 years. I was a hand Paint pinstriper and airbrush guy but now rarely ever do I do those jobs anymore.

Link to my site www.adprodesign.com
& check out my Z06 Vette wrap video at the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails Boat Wrap-img_0515.jpg   Boat Wrap-img_0519.jpg   Boat Wrap-img_0677.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.