Old 10-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmurfOnABoat
Here is just a couple more various HSB and other SEAL crafts....
Since this has turned into an thread on Special Operation Craft I'll join in. The MK V and RIB's pictured are being phased out. Replacement crafts have not been decided upon and the debate is ongoing what type of replacement is needed to fit the current operational needs.

P.S. SmurfOnABoat, I like your title for your pic just don't forget who "drives" them and who "rides" on them.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was/is a one here locally in NC (near Lake Norman)...pretty sure it was twin Jet Drive version.

Don't have a great pic, but look in the upper right hand corner of this pic... IIRC the mechanic at this boatyard got it and was restoring it.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by vindicator101
Since this has turned into an thread on Special Operation Craft I'll join in. The MK V and RIB's pictured are being phased out. Replacement crafts have not been decided upon and the debate is ongoing what type of replacement is needed to fit the current operational needs.

P.S. SmurfOnABoat, I like your title for your pic just don't forget who "drives" them and who "rides" on them.
lol, right on! This is the one case where it pays to be the passenger!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SmurfOnABoat
lol, right on! This is the one case where it pays to be the passenger!!!
Glad you took my comment the way it was intended.

I posted this awhile back might be interesting to some who hadn't seen it......
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ard-video.html

Last edited by vindicator101; 10-16-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by vindicator101
Glad you took my comment the way it was intended.

I posted this awhile back might be interesting to some who hadn't seen it......
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ard-video.html
Thats a good vid, have never seen that one on the tube before... shows "a little" action scenes...
Old 10-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Registered

A buddy just happend to send this to me today. Thought I would share in case anyone had a couple of hundred grand burning a hole in thier pocket.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHNM...layer_embedded
Old 11-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Registered

Default Hi Darrell (X-Navy Seal, are you still around???) This post is old, but I have ???'s

Originally Posted by DMOORE
Well said. Ya have to remember that these boats are implements of war, and built for that purpose. I'm a former SEAL and also was assigned at Special Boat Unit 12 in Coronado. We had HSB's at the time. Before the USMI boats were online, The unit had Fountains. And while they are great boats, and fast, they simply are not built to withstand the rigors of Combat. The HSB's will handle tasks that would simply crush a normal pleasure boat. Imagine slamming a pleasure boat up against a 900ft ship in the black of night, traveling at 15knots, with 10ft swells beating against it. This would crush the gunwales of a normal pleasure boat.The HSB took it in stride.They are great boats for the mission they were assigned. No, they are not the fastest boat out there, but they will handle SERIOUS weather with ease, and still get ya home. I've been in the HSB's maintaining 60 knots in some very, very nasty seas. Just a few cool features of the boat... each motor had two separate ignition systems. If one failed, simply switch to the secondary ignition and keep running.

As for the outboards, I'm not too sure on that. These are very heavy boats, and I don't think outboards are the way to go.

BTW. I still have a copy of the US Navy maintenance/service/ rebuild manual for the Innovation 557 motors for the HSB's. I could copy it if any owners were interested.

Darrell.
I have photos of 2 x different 39' SEAL HSB Models, and I cannot find any information which lets me know which is which, or which is older, or which performs better (aka which is faster). Could you get back to me directly, at: [email protected] That way I can send you photos. I'd GREATLY appreciate any help. Thanks, ~Mark~
Old 11-24-2013, 02:25 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scanshift
Steve 1
Next time you get down to Miami stop by and check it out. The boat does not have any armour, but it appears that it is a kevlar inner and outer skin, with foam in between.

The reason the boat is not as heavy as it would appear to be, is that is was parachuted out of the back of a C-130. The parachute attachment points are still there.

Here is a pic with it decked out with its 50 cals
re install the 50 cals
Old 11-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i guess the navy didn't go with merc engines cuz they couldn't afford them. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.