Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone looking for a project boat ? >

Anyone looking for a project boat ?

Notices

Anyone looking for a project boat ?

Old 04-15-2002, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone looking for a project boat ?

There is a 84-85 (?) 38 Scarab KV (flatdeck) that needs some TLC for sale, I heard $15K .
It is a real cool looking boat , it is a shame someone let it go. I was told the cabin was in great shape, the cockpit interior is pretty hit though.
It has 420's (that run) with dry exhaust and switchable Imco's or Gaffrigs.
The exterior is white,red and black and doesn't look to far gone.
Just from a glance it would need , all gauges, dash panels, some interior work, and ALOT of cleaning.
If anyone is interested I can try and find out some more info.
Let me know
Old 04-16-2002, 12:06 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

hmmmmmm.....

sounds interesting. Doe sit need to be moved ASAP? taht might be soemthign to consider down the line for next winter.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:15 AM
Registered

I don't really know, the boat is currently on blocks at my marina but the past two summers it has been in a boat well. the owner NEVER takes it out , he just fires it up , revs it for a while and then just sits on it and drinks beer.
I heard that he has become ill , that is why it is for sale.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:16 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you tell me where it is or more about it ? A friend of mine would be interested .

THanks
Old 04-16-2002, 12:48 AM
Registered

Boot,
I will find out more info tomorrow. Maybe I will take a ride down there and see if it has a number to call.
It is in Michigan right now, at Hideaway Harbor marina (the old Huron Pointe)
How much is a high flow air filter for a 2001 Dodge /Cummins ?
My friend bought that chip from you and man is that truck fast, he also changed the muffler and has your air filter.
I will just do the filter and the muffler for know, what kind of gains do you think that is worth ?
Old 04-16-2002, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok add me to the list might be interesting www.spiritinteractive.com
Old 04-16-2002, 04:45 PM
Registered

Okay everyone,
I'm currently trying to get a phone number of the owner, hopefully I will hear something tonight .
Old 04-17-2002, 08:57 PM
Registered

Okay everyone,
I've got a phone number for the owner , unfortunaly I couldn't find out more info. I ended up just going to the marina and asking for it.
Here is his number : Djeljos Juncaj 586-457-5555
Old 05-06-2002, 11:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

26 Scarab, I went and looked at the boat. It looks pretty rough. Looks like all the owner did was snap the cockpit cover on it for the winter. All the carpeting in the cockpit and cabin was wet, And the wood on the backside of the sunpad hatches was rotted. I talked to Dawn in the marina office and she said that they are trying to get a hold of the owner. Could you do me a favor and if when you go there, if you see anybody on the boat see if it's the owner and get a telephone number where he can be reached.

Thanks
Pat
Old 05-06-2002, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

26scarab , Just sent you an email with price . Sorry I didn't see it till now . I just talked to your buddy Donny today . He was telling me how he blew away some guy with a Banks kit ! He was thrilled with the Western diesel chip . He said if you weren't so cheap you would get one too !
I told him he could switch his chip into your truck to try it out . The Dodge only takes 30 seconds to switch . As for power with filter and muffler .... Hard to say . You need a good muffler if thats all your changing in the exhaust . Small body , straight through . A cheap one is the dyno max race car bullet muffler .works great for $40 .Second ,flow master .They do cause a little rumble in the big canister and echo under truck body about $70-$90 or my favorite is the Borla XR1 12" race muffler .All pollished stainless for about $150 .THey all have a great sound and make the best power .Just depends on budget . Do you have catalytic converter ? If so get rid of it ! Just muffler and air filter ,you might gain 25 hp . Do muffler ,filter and loose cat and gain maybe 35 hp. You will definately notice it ! Let me know if I can be more help . JOE [email protected]

Quick Reply: Anyone looking for a project boat ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.