Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
22 Donzi classic with Arneson >

22 Donzi classic with Arneson

Notices

22 Donzi classic with Arneson

Old 05-06-2002, 08:00 AM
meander77

PPG basecoat clear coat with Red pearl over the whole boat. The things "dances " in the sun.

Chris

Old 05-06-2002, 09:47 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seriously considered one. They are a great looking boat. Yours especially. The two things that turned me off was the placement of the gauges (they are out of the line of sight) and the reports of handling problems at higher speeds. I do know that Powerboat called the hull "over powered" with a HP500. Don't know how the arneson will affect the handling, but either way it'll be a fun ride!
Old 05-06-2002, 10:55 AM
meander77

Cord,

Gauges are a definite point. The gauges are out of line of site but it really is a necessary evil. There is no place to mount them and retain the low profile and sweet lines. I guess I just sort of get used to it. Oh well

In regards to the Porerboat article I was suprised to see that and I have a few issues of it. First of all I am personal friends with a guy who has a hp500 in a 22 and that boat is rock steady. I vaguely rememeber someone saying that boat was tested with a Bravo 4 blade and anyone that knows classics donzi's know that they respond horribly to Bravo props. Second I think that boat was over extending the single ram steering. Dual is a must.

I also think that with the extension box and the 39 inch long drive handling should be seriously improved. Actually this whole experiment came about as a desire for better high speed handling and rough water running ability not pure speed. I would rather have something that can run 80 almost no matter what then a boat that needs dead calm flat like a lake to run 90 and not lose control.

We will see.

Chris

Old 05-06-2002, 12:30 PM
roadtrip

I stepped down from a bigger offshore boat into a 22 Classic to free up some cash to build a lake house. I also got tired of taking care of and feeding the bigger boat.

My boat runs 72 gps and has never, ever, felt loose or out of control. I really enjoy throwing this boat around. The boat could and does handle much bigger power very easily. I've seen prochargers and blackhawks rigged to these hulls and the results are astounding.

Of course, anyone who wants to run over 80 in a 23 foot hull had better know what they are doing. I question if the Powerboat guys really had their act together the day they tested the 500HP boat. 500HP too much power? Everybody I know wants more than that!

Todd

Old 05-07-2002, 12:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beautiful boat, looking forward to seeing it when you get the arneson hanging off the back. keep posting pictures
Old 05-07-2002, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now THAT is a RED Donzi!!!!!

Looks great.
Old 05-08-2002, 01:48 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a prop for an asd6, it is a 16X23p 3 blade rh i would be interested in selling. The boat looks great. What ratio is your drive? Good luck The Ironman.
Old 05-08-2002, 08:53 AM
meander77

Thanks for the offer but I need a LH. I am patiently waiting for a good deal on a 30" picth +/- 4 blade.
Chris

Old 05-08-2002, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Chris, the boat is lookin good! If it comes out anywhere near as good as the 18, it'll be a runner!

Have you considered the angled bezels from Gaffrig? They may offer better visibility from the drivers seat...just a thought. See you on the water!

Sean
Old 05-08-2002, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Too Old
Sharp! Looks like someone spent some time filling the dash in. What are you going to use for guages?

Should be an intersting project with a surface drive. Has anyone else rigged one that way?e
There is a 1986 Z-25 on boat trader with an Arneson drive for sale

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/9/2189009.htm

Quick Reply: 22 Donzi classic with Arneson

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.