Best deal on Oil Changers? >

Best deal on Oil Changers?

Notices

Best deal on Oil Changers?

Old 05-09-2002, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Best deal on Oil Changers?

I'm looking for a good deal on a Oil Changer, the kind that has a pump on top of a 5 gal. bucket and hooks up to you battery.

Overton's has them for $131.99 but I was wondering if anyone else has seen them any cheaper?
Old 05-09-2002, 10:34 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Go for the Mercury Drain hose kit. I like it better, and it gets out 99% of the oil, just like an auto oil change, rather than leaving as much as a quart in like some pump out oil changers do.

Just my $.02
Old 05-09-2002, 10:47 AM
Registered

I have one of those set-up's on the motor's, but I'm trying to change the Tranny fluid for my TRS. I have looked for a drain hole but it has the line coming out of it that goes to the cooler then back through the top. I was just going to pull out the Tranny fluid, then do it again in a little while. So as to try and get as much as I could??

Any other help would be great!!
Old 05-09-2002, 11:35 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Being the tightwad that I am, I went to Home Depot and bought a $5 3/8" "Drill Pump" and attached a hose to each end and use my Cordless drill and pump the motor out thru the Dipstick. It takes about 3-5 minutes to drain my HP500 and I'm done.
Hope this helps,
MD
Old 05-09-2002, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bought a $5 3/8" "Drill Pump" and attached a hose to each end and use my Cordless drill and pump the motor out thru the Dipstick.
That is ingenuity, I like it.
Old 05-09-2002, 01:42 PM
Registered

If you are trying to drain the fluid from a mercruiser Tranny the drain plug is on the other side of the tranny from the cooler on the very bottom of the side near the back of the tranny.Mine was a large allen wrench type plug.It is a ***** to get to but Once there it is as easy as taking out the plug and letting it drain.
Old 05-09-2002, 01:47 PM
Registered

I'll look again, but I swear I couldn't feel anything back there! But then again I might have my buudy the mechanic try!
Thanks!
Old 05-09-2002, 02:00 PM
Registered

i made my own as well....except used a bad ass 110 v pump that takes it out cold in under a min....never done it hot yet....drill motor sounds like a GREAT idea!
Old 05-09-2002, 02:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

FunHome...

You have the right idea with the pump... The B/W transmissions I have had in the past did not have any drain either... Possibly the Mercruiser applications do but couldn't answer that question... I have had several of the smaller pumps but at the end of the day
they did not do the job unless you only change fluids once in a great while, which I wish I could...

Karl
Old 05-09-2002, 02:12 PM
Cigarette500EFI

If you want the one from Overton's I have a brand new one I will sell you for $75.00. Call Matt @ (516) 398-4600. I bought it a few months ago and decided it would be better to let my mechanic do it for me.

Quick Reply: Best deal on Oil Changers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.