40' skater built fountain testing for shootout

Notices

40' skater built fountain testing for shootout

Old 08-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by FunHome
Viper, I cant wait to see it!! What race boat was it??

Scream, Glad to see it's going to see water again!! It must have been a long hard project!! Who did the bottom work??

Brad
Originally Posted by screammachine
me
looks like to me you are drinking beer and your buddy is doing all the work...you coming to the shootout?....if not we will see you at Moorehead
Old 08-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I agree, but the rules are if you race you are in the pro class. This is Mike's Pleasure boat. He and his future wife take it out all the time here in Illinois. Even has mufflers.
Just curious.. where in the rules does it say that?

BTW since Dave Scott doesn't race anymore I wonder if he'll register in the NP class as well?

Last edited by omerta one; 08-23-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I was under the impression that any boat with a canopy was considered Professional. That would seem to be the correct way to do it, no?
Old 08-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Young Performance
I was under the impression that any boat with a canopy was considered Professional. That would seem to be the correct way to do it, no?
Buddy Zack owed the 1st 43 NT w/ a canopy called Danger Zone! That was used a a personal/poker run boat!!(when it ran)!!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
That's what I don't like about Loto!! Years ago it was only the back yard power boaters.Then came the professional teams just for exhibition and know regular Joe don't have a shot at top gun. Yes they have classes but follow the money. There's plenty of racing to go around I think it took something away from the event.Still great but battle of the bucks. Just Saying
Old 08-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 151 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
Nice! . . . . .hey . . . . where'd ya get that hatch?

that thing sounds bad azz!
betcha i got the fastest crownline in the country
Old 08-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
That's what I don't like about Loto!! Years ago it was only the back yard power boaters.Then came the professional teams just for exhibition and know regular Joe don't have a shot at top gun. Yes they have classes but follow the money. There's plenty of racing to go around I think it took something away from the event.Still great but battle of the bucks. Just Saying
Your are correct in that it started in an effort to stop the BS and find out who had the fastest boats on LOTO. The event is awesome and there's room for everyone, and everyone who straps on a helmet is a winner for putting it out there for all to see. Let those who really know be the judge; and they do know.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
Just curious.. where in the rules does it say that?

BTW since Dave Scott doesn't race anymore I wonder if he'll register in the NP class as well?
2009 results
http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.org/results.html
Mike was Top Gun in the V class.
As a side note Mike Lovergine's fiancee JoAnn will be throttling the boat this year. Should be an interesting class to watch.
Also look for a Ken Gaudy to break 100 mph in his pontoon this year. He has about 1300-1400 hp. We have a lot of fast boats on the Chain-o-Lakes in Illinois.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
2009 results
http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.org/results.html
Mike was Top Gun in the V class.
As a side note Mike Lovergine's fiancee JoAnn will be throttling the boat this year. Should be an interesting class to watch.
Also look for a Ken Gaudy to break 100 mph in his pontoon this year. He has about 1300-1400 hp. We have a lot of fast boats on the Chain-o-Lakes in Illinois.
I didn't ask about the results... I asked where in the rules does it draw the line between NP and P as having raced. Your words "I agree, but the rules are if you race you are in the pro class." Just curious where you saw that???
Old 08-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Buddy Zack owed the 1st 43 NT w/ a canopy called Danger Zone! That was used a a personal/poker run boat!!(when it ran)!!
You are absolutely right. However, it had a RETRACTABLE canopy. It also didn't have supervee numbers and sponsors names down the side of it. It had amenities....the Fountain doesn't. It is a race boat.....period.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.