Notices

Guest Etiquette

Old 08-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never "ASK" for any money, but I do expect my friends to BYOB when coming out on the boat. I am lucky to have a awsome "skipper" that has been out 90% of the time and goes the extra mile to help with docking, luanching, and any other help while on board and that meens alot to me instead of the people that just watch you as your trying to jugle three things at once and step around them to make sure the boat gets docked properly. Most of my buddies ask how much does it take to fill up and I wont tell them cuz I feel it makes them think they need to chip in, not that my boat takes alot but most people dont have any concept of what boat ownership cost, so when you tell them 200 to fill the tank they compare it to a car and say holy sh!t. Most of my friends catch my bar tab of flip 20's, I accept them with a big thanks and try to show them a great time.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I would agree with this, however I did have to "uninvite" someone for never offering with anything. it only came to words after I stopped returning his texts or phone calls, which ironically only came on Fri afternoon..hmmm go figure.

I pay for everything for the boat, fuel, oil dock fees and tipping dock attendants, (because some people don't know to). I always have a cooler full of beer and waters and usually hit a restaurant to eat. the guy above would count out his bill and then add a 10% tip to his portion.
Precisely my point, there are plenty of those whom I do not invite any longer. I should have emphasized "invited."
Old 08-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm free in a couple of weekends Cig, I'll be on the dock with my lifejacket, a six pack of Bush, and an extra five spot for the attendant. Pretty much good to go.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve
I'm free in a couple of weekends Cig, I'll be on the dock with my lifejacket, a six pack of Bush, and an extra five spot for the attendant. Pretty much good to go.

Reminds me of a certain someone....

----------------

You, Steve, would most certainly be welcome with us.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 08-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Precisely my point, there are plenty of those whom I do not invite any longer. I should have emphasized "invited."
I classify them as "A" list and "B" list. Everybody starts out on "A" list but some get bumped down to "B" list status. I usually run a light crew anyway and its usually just me and maybe a chick of the week, most of my "A" list friends are boaters anyway and have their own rides. "B" listers rarely, if ever, get invited back out. I will say this though my "B" list isnt very long and it takes alot to get on it. Usually lack of respect of my stuff or other friends . . . . . or if ya step on my seats with street shoes . . . .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
My invited guests pay for nothing on my boat. Lunch or a couple cocktails afterwords are always appreciated, but I expect nothing.
Ditto
Old 08-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 787 Likes on 371 Posts

this thread has received a lot more attention than i expected...thanks.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my group, we all have our own boats, and usually run Solo(or with our signifigant others)to the sandbar, but someones boat is always broken, so that person gets a free ride, since sooner or later I know mine will be broken, and I know I will be the one riding

On rare occasions when all of the boats are running, we usually take turns picking up the tab at the bar, and bring our own coolers. I have given rides to members from here, and other forums while they are down visiting South Fl, and expect nothing but a thanks, but usually they buy Lunch(not necessary), I had one member have his wife hide $$ in my truck while we were loading the boat at the ramp, totally unneccesary, in fact it covered 2 weekends worth of gas in my little weedwacker motor
Old 08-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I would agree with this, however I did have to "uninvite" someone for never offering with anything. it only came to words after I stopped returning his texts or phone calls, which ironically only came on Fri afternoon..hmmm go figure.

I pay for everything for the boat, fuel, oil dock fees and tipping dock attendants, (because some people don't know to). I always have a cooler full of beer and waters and usually hit a restaurant to eat. the guy above would count out his bill and then add a 10% tip to his portion.
It wasnt me was it?? . . . . Is that why i havnt been on your boat since Jammin on the James? . . . . . I would have chipped in more . . . . or at all . . . . if you would have at least had my brand of Vodka on board.

I remember you telling me the story about that guy. Definitely a "B" lister . . . . . or maybe C D or E. . . . . Some people never get it.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.