Old 08-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
WoW......
in reverse!

Truly a nice run...congrats!!!

Last edited by omerta one; 08-28-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:15 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
WoW......
there is a 51 OL with 1550's in our class that ran 110. We have alum foil in the front of our boat, and aim it right at the gun on the run. We had 118.5 on our gps.

Thank god Eddie isn't our class though, because I think he'd spank us pretty bad tomorrow!

Last edited by Coolerman; 08-28-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Hey guys. To say that I am dissapointed is an understatement. I have attached a pic of the GPS/chartplotter from the Skater. How or why the radar gun came in at 118 is still a mystery. The second run was my fault. I had the boat a little to stuck on the first run. It will start to lay over on it's side at speed if it is trimmed to low. Once it does that, it will not straighten back up without slowing down. It started on me and once it got bad enough to start veering off course, I stopped accelerating anymore and maintained my speed. I was to close to the finish to back off. ON the second run I loosened it up some and it got to loose. I felt the steering get real tight and had problems driving out of it to the point I had to lift. I got back into it and it started again. The steering got worse and I was forced to back out again. Long strory short, it pitched one of the power steering belts and it was just to hard to turn. We have it fixed and are ready for tomorrow.
Now to the bigger problem. I spoke with Ron Duggan, Bob Teague, and about 10 other guys that know their stuff as to why my gps/chartplotter said 151 mph and the radar said 118 mph. The boat felt better than it ever has and I knew it was running a good #. It's pretty simple math. I was running about 5600 rpm, 1.35 gear and 41 props. That's a bunch more than 118 mph. The general consensus is that the boats radar signature is not very good. We have been trying to figure out what to do. I am open to any and all suggestions. I spoke with a few guys that have had to run metallic stickers, radar reflectors, etc to get a better reading. I heard a bunch of guys complaining about their gps reading being more than the radar, but not 33 mph. The most I heard was 10 from Nauti. Everyone else seemed to be about 3-5 mph.
If anyone has an idea, please spit it out. Thanks
Eddie

By the way, I reset the top speed on the gps about 5 minutes before my run while I was waiting in line to run.
Eddie we all know that you know your stuff and will get it worked out. I was hoping it wasn't mechanical problems but doesn't seem to be. Good luck tomorrow and be careful with her...not worth a risky unsafe run for a high number...
Old 08-28-2010, 11:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Yeah, 118 in that boat is nothing. We regularly cruise at 130+ in that boat. It really doesn't want to do anything funny at all until after 135 mph. It actually did exceptionally well today as far as handling. I was pleasantly surprised.

Eddie, Fiberglass is invisible to radar and carbon fiber adsorbs the RF energy, your metal tape Idea is the way to go.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:16 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by saxman
there is a 51 OL with 1550's in our class that ran 110. We have alum foil in the front of our boat, and aim it right at the gun on the run. We had 118.5 on our gps.

Thank god Eddie isn't our class though, because I think he'd spank us pretty bad tomorrow!
Where do you have the alum. foil? How much did you use? I was thinking about using the alum. tape to hold down the aluminum foil. Do you have a pic you can post of your foil?

Originally Posted by kyboy1020
Eddie we all know that you know your stuff and will get it worked out. I was hoping it wasn't mechanical problems but doesn't seem to be. Good luck tomorrow and be careful with her...not worth a risky unsafe run for a high number...

Nothing mechanical other than the p/s belt. I really hope we can figure it out to post a good #. The boat is really running and handling great.

Here is a pic of John's (Thunderusone) gps. He got a 117 on the radar and 120 on the gps. He is looking for a better number tomorrow now that he has a feel for the course. He was starting basically off plane, so he cost some speed in the beginning.

Eddie
Attached Thumbnails Shootout speeds-johns-speedo-large-.jpg  

Last edited by Young Performance; 08-29-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:17 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Eddie, Fiberglass is invisible to radar and carbon fiber adsorbs the RF energy, your metal tape Idea is the way to go.
Thanks Steve. Do you have any other suggestions?
Old 08-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by saxman
we ran 117 in our Black Thunder
I seen that run & it was impressive !! Congrats..
Old 08-29-2010, 02:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats to Dave and JT for putting up an impressive number.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:54 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by audacity
Congrats to Dave and JT for putting up an impressive number.
Thanks Joe! Boat felt GR8. JT saw 217 on GPS and the boat was still pulling hard. Those Mystics are amazing boats at high speed!
Good luck tomorrow if you run & be safe!

Last edited by KiloKat; 08-29-2010 at 05:00 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

UNREAL! Incredible job Mr.Scott...I'm sure that 1 mph to Callen's record will fall today!

What's up with JBS, Joe? Did you guys make any passes yesterday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.