What is your concern you weren't their.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dkwestern
Results posted:

http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.org/results.html

Can someone explain the diff. between Non-Professional and Manufacturer?

How are Chip Romers 388 and Gary Smiths 40 in these diff categories? They're both open cockpit pleasure boats, Skater Catamarans, custom blower motors, both between 36-42 feet?????????? Am I taking crazy pills?
The three divisions are Manufacturer, Non-professional and Professional...as far as I know the difference is what box you check on the application...there are no "rules" that distinguish between the divisions. This has been debated in another forum as well. I know someone who ran in the mfg's division who doesn't work for the mfg., is not is associated with them in any way; perhaps they "sponsored" him but not to my knowledge. Then there is a guy who advertises his business as owning a high performance marine speed shop and is running a canopied former race boat who says he is a Non-Professional. So you tell me it, appears to be anybody's guess???
Old 09-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont understand the need for classes in the first place.

Is'nt it enough that individuals get the personal satisfaction of getting their boat to go as fast as possible no matter what length/HP/ Drive/ combo they put together ?

What happened to " Personal Best" ??

Isnt that good enough any more ??

By reading everything on here the event in total was a huge success and at the end of the day it neednt be sullied with drama.

Congratulations to all the individual participants and especially all the volunteers that made this great weekend happen.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
The same Chit that screws up racing!! No body loses and lets make a class for every boat.. Total BS.
If they want to make a true class separated by true boat length, dont count swim platforms and over size beaks on the v bottom. 36 skaters and 39 MTIs shouldn't be in the same class with 40Skaters and 42 MTIs.
It has grown and still is a great event but only One TOP GUN and thats David @ 208. Just Saying
It is not the buyers choice how the boat is measured. If you don't like a brand because of how it's measured that is just ridiculous. I can understand that you may want to compare a 36 Skater to a 40MTI but there is a length difference and the 40MTI is a bigger boat (by how much it depends on the boat in question). No matter if it's a 33 Eliminator, 388, or 40 MTI it's still a great thing for these boaters to get out there and show how well there boat can preform in a mile without breaking.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by catastrophe
I dont understand the need for classes in the first place.

Is'nt it enough that individuals get the personal satisfaction of getting their boat to go as fast as possible no matter what length/HP/ Drive/ combo they put together ?

What happened to " Personal Best" ??

Isnt that good enough any more ??

By reading everything on here the event in total was a huge success and at the end of the day it neednt be sullied with drama.

Congratulations to all the individual participants and especially all the volunteers that made this great weekend happen.
EXACTLY give every entrant a plaque with their speed and top guns to the best race (canopy) and open cats and v's and be done with it.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ptufaro
It is not the buyers choice how the boat is measured. If you don't like a brand because of how it's measured that is just ridiculous. I can understand that you may want to compare a 36 Skater to a 40MTI but there is a length difference and the 40MTI is a bigger boat (by how much it depends on the boat in question). No matter if it's a 33 Eliminator, 388, or 40 MTI it's still a great thing for these boaters to get out there and show how well there boat can preform in a mile without breaking.
Were did I say I didn't like a boat because of how its measured?? I still don't think a 36 Skater or any hull that adds the length of the bussel to make it 40ft should be in the class of a 40-44 ft hull.
The same reason I don't think you should have four classes for cat super-turbo charged. Whats the point I thought it was a Shoot OUT not a little league game were we don't keep score,and Skater owned the course except for pro cat.
Hell the 36 Skater NorEaster ran 177 and didnt get a award.
Skater HUll speeds

388 186 TOP GUN
40 165 Top GUN
36 177 ???
39 v 121 TOP GUN
388 118 won class/ Peppers

By the way your boat came out great to bad you didnt get to run the shoot out.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I never did understand the manufacturer division. I agree that the boats should be seperated by canopy and no canopy, cat and vee and length.

Eddie
Old 09-02-2010, 09:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Did anyone notice that there was a class created
for the 700SCi powered boats ? ....it was designated by the letter " A "
Old 09-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
Did anyone notice that there was a class created
for the 700SCi powered boats ? ....it was designated by the letter " A "
They started that last year.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:21 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
I never did understand the manufacturer division. I agree that the boats should be seperated by canopy and no canopy, cat and vee and length.

Eddie
yup!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.