Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chip Romer's 388 Skater Idling (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/237854-chip-romers-388-skater-idling.html)

Jassman 08-09-2011 03:58 PM

Are there any turbo boats running and how do they fair out in the short mile run vs the SC motors.. thanks Jeff

PokerRun388 08-09-2011 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3473547)
Anthony, are you guys bringing Darr's 114 mph screamer to the shootout?

Scot, are you going?

BattleCry 08-10-2011 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by WeaponX (Post 3473337)
You need to listen to all I say as I am first a well known world class and respected custom home builder and I own a framing company as well. Along with that I also build show cars and have built around five pair of 1000 hp + boat motors and ever kind of power from toyota push rod Hemi engines to 1200+ hp big blocks. Out of all my power the latest I really like as they made 1110 h.p. on 6.8 psi and pump gas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh683UDRPew

Now that you are up to date on my story you can tell it right.:evilb: Since you have no idea who you are talking about......"bolted a couple motors together".

When you say "show cars", do you mean local car shows or Detroit Autorama and/or Concourse De' Elegance?

44MTI 08-10-2011 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by WeaponX (Post 3474030)
Good you'll be in the Shootout for once instead of setting on the dock?? MTI needs some help out here.

And it seems like you do like telling stories or I wouldn't be posting. If you think 1200+ hp talk is bragging I don't feel so bad about my low numbers then.

Thanks for your silence about me in advance.:evilb:

Sorry to disappoint you but I meant on the fun run Friday, I will be driving MY boat, what about you. I was hoping to see how those 1200's run while I was out running around. You said you thought you were faster than me the last time I was there but I never saw you on the run.

As far as bragging I was talking about your comments about "World Class Builder", Custom car builder, Engine builder.

You wouldn't need to feel bad, as you said, about 1200hp pump gas motors if they lived or actually made 1200.:bsflag:

blume 08-10-2011 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by 44MTI (Post 3473472)
That's the plan, probably be there thur afternoon. :coolcowboy:

When you getting there.

Getting there Thursday around noon. Pete wanted me to be sure to personally invite you to Skaterfest. Hope to see you there "Big Daddy". He said a few Greygoose/redbulls on him.

FREEDOM US1 08-10-2011 11:53 AM

Going to be a lot of fun!!!!!!:drink:

44MTI 08-10-2011 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by blume (Post 3475197)
Getting there Thursday around noon. Pete wanted me to be sure to personally invite you to Skaterfest. Hope to see you there "Big Daddy". He said a few Greygoose/redbulls on him.

Sounds like a plan to me big daddy, looking forward to you and all the Skater Bros.
Blee is bringing his up, I think we are heading up together.:coolcowboy:

WeaponX 08-10-2011 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by 44MTI (Post 3475187)
Sorry to disappoint you but I meant on the fun run Friday, I will be driving MY boat, what about you. I was hoping to see how those 1200's run while I was out running around. You said you thought you were faster than me the last time I was there but I never saw you on the run.

As far as bragging I was talking about your comments about "World Class Builder", Custom car builder, Engine builder.

You wouldn't need to feel bad, as you said, about 1200hp pump gas motors if they lived or actually made 1200.:bsflag:

Not disappointed at all I know your afraid to run in the Shootout because of the speed YOUR boat would run.
Wow I'm sorry I don't own a boat right now didn't know it made that much difference to you.
And your not reading or paying attention again I said 1110 hp on pump gas over 1200 hp on 110. And I have the dyno sheets with a .04% correction factor on a Land and Sea dyno or you can can call the Ozark Speed and Marine. Your little flag don't mean all that much to me but since you like it I'll say when you told me your boat ran 155+ with 1075's :bsflag:

Proof is on the guns at the Shootout.
Glad to hear all the times your motors broke is just lies and you are never broke down. Yes I had a old Titanium valve break last year and lost a transmision but been running great other than that.

I don't brag don't have too just giving you a the facts since you were lacking in knowledge.

I'll look for you on the run just to see how a $140,000 boat runs against your ????? how much. I hope your faster.:drink:

I like talking with you and I'm not mad just trying to get the facts straight and it seems like your a little on the mad side but I'm not sure why. But have a nice day and we'll see you here at the lake.:drink::drink:

blume 08-10-2011 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by 44MTI (Post 3475289)
Sounds like a plan to me big daddy, looking forward to you and all the Skater Bros.
Blee is bringing his up, I think we are heading up together.:coolcowboy:

Pete ask me to tell you to bring all your Grand Lake guys/gals on over to Skaterfest and don't leave PaPa at home.

Mac 08-10-2011 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by blume (Post 3475346)
Pete ask me to tell you to bring all your Grand Lake guys/gals on over to Skaterfest and don't leave PaPa at home.

PA PA has 10 fractured ribs and a broken collar bone, feeling much better in the last week, dont know if I can take a boat ride yet. Will see what they feel like next week!OH yal Weapon, 44 mti wasnt 155 last year on the fun run, it was 162, I was in the front seat with him