Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What to do? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/238102-what-do.html)

spk1 09-01-2010 12:27 AM

Hey Boss, your a minor, the guy may have been pissed, earlier and not realized it at the time, but I assure you he does now, hes knows the consequences and I doubt hes going to take the risk. If he does, let him know your a minor, and have his registration numbers at home, and that he can hurt you as bad as he wants, but its not going to hurt near as bad as being tyrones new g/f when the cops come knocking, He will see your point and may threaten with words, but he wont touch you. If he does touch you after that run like hell, the guys crazy and you cant fight crazy, you have to hit crazy with a crow bar. :coolcowboy:

capt2130 09-01-2010 04:59 AM

Lesson learned! We all have had experiences with idiots like that. Apparently the old guy wasn't taught manners or the law. Just move on and add a rearview mirror on that mini hawk. Just in case he comes sneaking up behind you.

sixmassive 09-01-2010 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Cavanti53 (Post 3196801)
Bro, I read your post and read some of the reply's.
First, One of the guys is right. You don't want to be a rat but you also need to stand up for what you believe in. If you are willing to do that then be ready for what comes next. You are young and this was a good experience. It scared you. You can't threaten to call the cops on someone and then expect no trouble. That does not scare many people these days especially on the water. As for him coming back to get you, I doubt it. I for one do not stand by but I also don't threaten. I am a pretty big guy and was a bouncer for years. Do not threaten. Just point out it's a no wake zone and you don't think it's safe for his skier or others and when he mouths back to you or swears at you then write down the boat make and size and reg number and turn it in if you feel that strongly about it but don't go tell him your doing it. This lesson goes for the street or anywhere else. If you were in a car and said all that, they probably would have gotten out of the car and got you. Last but not least, get your butt in the gym and put some muscle on so when you need to you can back up your mouth when you need to. The one response is right, most people just try to intimidate you. But the bad ones will do worse. Get some nitrous for that little outboard so you can escape...LOL Be safe!

AGREED. I doubt you will have to deal with the guy again. You will learn in life there are people who talk ****, and people who do ****. 90% of the time they are not the same package. Threating wont get you anywhere. state the facts in as little sentences as possible and go on your way. if you do choose to call the cops, i'm sure he still wont look for you.
Everyone gets their "punk card." dont let it get you down. If that is the mind set he has, hell get his too. dont worry about that

GoFastScott 09-01-2010 07:23 AM

As mentioned before you probably have nothing to worry about. Right now hes telling all his buddies how he scared the crap out of some kid who was trying to tell him what to do, and acting all big man on campus having a few beers. In the future, I would advise and not tell someone what to do, like "hey did you know this is a 5 mph zone, i dont want you to get busted because the cops are here all the time", this may work better than telling him he CANT do it. And as a backup do what I do, carry a Beretta 92 FS with you :lolhit:

Dave M 09-01-2010 08:10 AM

You need to get yourself a girl and forget about the idiotsl! :drink:

If you feel you really need to report him. Do so anonymously.

Wobble 09-01-2010 09:29 AM

Don't threaten to call the cops, just do it. No point getting into a confrontation that could go either way.

MiniHawk 09-01-2010 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by spk1 (Post 3196810)
Hey Boss, your a minor, the guy may have been pissed, earlier and not realized it at the time, but I assure you he does now, hes knows the consequences and I doubt hes going to take the risk. If he does, let him know your a minor, and have his registration numbers at home, and that he can hurt you as bad as he wants, but its not going to hurt near as bad as being tyrones new g/f when the cops come knocking, He will see your point and may threaten with words, but he wont touch you. If he does touch you after that run like hell, the guys crazy and you cant fight crazy, you have to hit crazy with a crow bar. :coolcowboy:

The issue has been solved... today my dad and I called the authorities. They are sending different patrol boats to be on the lookout for the guy and they can do a summons.
Next time i see him again, im picking up my radio and calling them vhf channal 16.

Now i can sit back and keep boating =)

OldSchool 09-01-2010 06:48 PM

Are you sure that you are 17? :party-smiley-004:

[youtube]8eFi2YYWFQI[/youtube]

MiniHawk 09-01-2010 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 3197563)
Are you sure that you are 17? :party-smiley-004:

8eFi2YYWFQI

:drink: 17 yr olds can still have fun with their cousins :lolhit:

richanton 09-02-2010 05:41 PM

I think your approach in that situation was all wrong, based on your re-telling of the conversation. Threatening to call the cops over nothing will tend to piss people off, I know that it would piss me off. Just enjoy your boat and stop worrying about things that don't matter in the grand scheme.

If you have a house with a dock you might have to get used to people going too fast in the no-wake, happens all the time. Unless someone is acting REALLY recklessly or damaging property, chasing them down and confronting them is silly. Especially if you are 17. It's like those people who freak out waving their arms at you because you are going by their house at 40mph when the speed limit is 25. You live on a main road, get over it.

That said, anybody who would threaten a 17 yr old kid is a real a**hole, and I wouldn't waste another minute even thinking about him.