Notices

What to do?

Old 08-31-2010, 09:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation What to do?

Had an issue on the water with another boater (thank god no problems with my boat) this evening.
I had dinner at La Parma On The Bay (dockage availible for a few boats), and it was around 7 something. I have no running lights, so I went all the way to my home dock before it got dark.
As I was approaching my dock, I see a ski boat (had to be a 1990 or newer), single i/o, open bow (had to be 17ft or longer), at almost full throttle, pulling a skier. (the whole bay's speed limit is 5mph no wake.) He was WAY faster then 5mph, and was making LOTS of waves. Now, this is part of the bay where the harbor patrol dont always come down every single day. More residential, quieter area then the rest of the bay.
So, I see him and i stop in neutral, stand up and give him that "slow down" hand motion. He shoots past me (too close, also) and he is waving for me to back off im doing something important here....

I see that he's very "into" what he's doing and he doesnt slow down to stop pulling the skier.
So, he keeps on going down the bay where the bay gets smaller and smaller, more houses with docks (the boats on them are rocking like mad when the waves come).

I've gone up to other boaters and told them to slow down before, and they politely asked why (because they probaly didnt know) and they never went fast again. Thought the same would happen this time.

I continue cruising down where he headed when I see that the skier had fallen off and was swimming, so with that, I go alittle faster, hoping to catch him before the guys boat gets up and moving. I approach him and i turn off my engine and heres how the convorsation goes:

(make note that he was screaming his head off at me. This guy is just about middle aged, almost bald with a pot belly.)

him: what the fcks wrong with you, huh?!!!!

me: you gotta slow down!! you are going too fast, the bay is 5 mph no wake speed limit, i think i will call harbor patrol! watch it!

him: you know what?! get the fck outta here!!

me: no no, you cant be playing around down here at this time of night causing a wake and such...im calling harbor patrol..

him: get outta here motherfcker!!! i'll fckin slice you in half!! where do you live boy?! i'll find out where you live and fck you up, and fck up your goddamn boat!

me: hell no, i aint tellin you nothing! (starts engine)

(meanwhile, he is telling the skier to get onboard quickly, and he is turning on the engine in a hurry)

him: thats it motherfcker, you are gonna get it!

I push my throttle as far as it would go, and shoot back to the dock. I get to the dock, throw it in reverse to avoid hitting the other dock, turn the engine off, tie up the bow, and run for my life!
The ******* seemed to be speeding without the skier probaly to see what dock I went too. I tried to see what dock he went too, but he was gone and i was pissed that I didnt see where he went...(by that time it was dark)

problem is, i couldnt make out what manufacturer made the boat, couldnt see any boat registration numbers, but i did get a good look at the guy, and his passanger.

And in the process, he made me loose my boat keys ( i tripped while running away on the dock)
I hope i go down there tomorrow and find my boat safe and not damaged (like the fat chump said, he'd damage it)

So......what do i do now??

Thanks

Sam
Old 08-31-2010, 09:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Report it!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look for a sleeping bag and a pillow. You're sleeping on the boat.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Registered

Get an iPhone Record and photo it all.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:34 PM
Registered

stop being the fckin cops. you told a guy to stop doing something...it could have gone either way. when you tell some one what to do you better be ready for the responce you got. I hate when the rich old up tight prick starts yelling at me cause my boat is to loud or that i'm going 47mph in a 45. get a fckin life buddy. if you dont want your boat getting banged around at the dock get a lift!

oh did i just say that. sorry!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

dont worry about it...anyone that would act like is all talk trying you scare you from calling harbor patrol. He is passed out right now hugging his pillow. If you report him, you may be throwing fuel on a fire.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Registered

or be a snitch
Old 08-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
stop being the fckin cops. you told a guy to stop doing something...it could have gone either way. when you tell some one what to do you better be ready for the responce you got. I hate when the rich old up tight prick starts yelling at me cause my boat is to loud or that i'm going 47mph in a 45. get a fckin life buddy. if you dont want you boat getting banged around at the dock get a lift!
Did he say 47 in a 45 or 35 plus in a 5 ?
Old 08-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess you're not old enuf for a conceal carry license?
Old 08-31-2010, 09:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Did he say 47 in a 45 or 35 plus in a 5 ?
47 mph in a 45 mph zone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.