Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Typhoon Marine-going out of business? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/238243-typhoon-marine-going-out-business.html)

Matt Trulio 09-03-2010 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Donzi33 (Post 3199334)
Hot off the press and being mailed out Tomorow..

Date: Sept 3, 2010

To All Our Loyal Customers:
It is with great joy and excitement that I inform you that Typhoon Service Center will remain in business

at 120 Kettle Creek Road, Toms River NJ and will not be closing it’s doors on September 30th.

As of October 1, 2010, The Typhoon facility will be leased by Tony Frisina. Tony will be working with

me to transition the business to him over the next few months. I am pleased to be able to state that

Typhoon will remain at the facility and continue to service all of its customers.

We are also pleased that we will be able to accept all winter storage at the current location.

I have included the winter storage form to assist you in arranging for your boat to be stored at our location.

I apologize for any inconvenience that our previous letter has caused you. As you can imagine the loss of

our lease was a significant concern for all of our customers as well as our employees.

On a personal note: I am very excited about the future direction of the business. I will be working with

Tony to transition the full ownership of the business over to him. I am extremely excited that our

customers will continue to receive the highest level of service. I am even more pleased that the employees

of Typhoon will continue to service your needs.

I look forward to seeing you at the facility.

Sincerely,
Robert S Christie
Typhoon Service Center

A better crew does not exist. To Frank and Chuck and all the rest of people at Typhoon who make it work, here's to a bright future. And to Bob Christie who built and guided this special group, bravo for work well done. To the future.

Tom A. 09-04-2010 11:25 PM

I was there today and everyone was excited. Bob has always made sure his customers and employees were always well taken care of and everyone is looking forward to working with Tony!
Good luck to the new venture!

scarabman 09-05-2010 05:45 AM

Does anyone know how this affects ProRocs Spectre dealership given that Typhoon is right around the corner? Wouldnt make sense that TF not sell his boats out of his own location?

Tom A. 09-06-2010 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by scarabman (Post 3200039)
Does anyone know how this affects ProRocs Spectre dealership given that Typhoon is right around the corner? Wouldnt make sense that TF not sell his boats out of his own location?

ProRoc and Typhoon have a good relationship with each other.
Let's just say TF and ProRoc are not working well together right now.

Panther 09-08-2010 11:01 AM

I got the new letter yesterday stating they'll be operating same as usual with Frisini running the operation.

One thing that's not entirely clear is the first letter stated the land-lord decided not to continue the lease, 2nd letter says Frisini took over the lease. It's a little confusing...

Anyway, glad to see Typhoon will be keeping the doors open. They treated me really well during the AC poker run.

Frank

Expensive Date 09-08-2010 04:01 PM

Great news, but the bad news is labor rates are going up 20% to cover all the stamps.:drink:

DollaBill 09-08-2010 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Expensive Date (Post 3202699)
Great news, but the bad news is labor rates are going up 20% to cover all the stamps.:drink:

ok, that was funny

StarLoone 06-25-2011 05:01 AM

Update Typhoon?

Ok so what is the latest now with Typhoon? I had stored my tailor with the interim owner?

hollywood 06-25-2011 06:56 AM

if you stored youre tailor make sure he has plenty of food and water just kidding:party-smiley-004:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-26-2011 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by StarLoone (Post 3438215)
Ok so what is the latest now with Typhoon?

Frisini Motorsports has changed the name:

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/im...88586432-4.jpg