Typhoon Marine-going out of business?

Notices

Typhoon Marine-going out of business?

Old 06-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by prred
Word here in the North East is Rolf got the same fkn.... vendors and a lot of others got (Prob Jay too.) If you’re dealing with them (Frisini/Arrow/Tony Frisini/John) and haven't yet... you will. Frisini is quickly developing a pattern.
Seems you have an axe to grind, being 1/2 your posts are hearsay negativity towards Frisini.
There are three sides to every story and unless you are a part of the story, you won't know the truth. I am not part of the story and have no dog in this either way. But, being I live in the North East as well, I have heard lots of words pointing in many different directions. So your "word" is far from gospel.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Word here in the North East is Rolf got the same fkn.... vendors and a lot of others got (Prob Jay too.) If you’re dealing with them (Frisini/Arrow/Tony Frisini/John) and haven't yet... you will. Frisini is quickly developing a pattern.
I have no idea where your info comes from, do you ??? My first hand experience with the Frisini group is nothing less than outstanding You will Not meet a nicer guy than Tony, I am in the process of having a boat built at the Spectre factory and Tony has gone way out of his way to accommodate me in every aspect of my boat build.
He responds to Every phone call I make. Tony was nice enough to LEND us "loaner" boat. Our next biggest decision will be "another V or a CAT" next year! Keep up the GREAT work Tony & John!

Last edited by Superbabi; 06-30-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Registered

First of all - I never said my word was "gospel". You can drink all of the cool-aid Tony and Company gives you..... You'll see.

Why don't you do some reference checks with various vendors - you may learn something.

Good Luck to you ......
Old 06-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by sexytoy
Proroc is cranking away on my 27' Scarab. I cracked my crank within the first ten minutes of boating this year. They pulled me out and diagnosed the problem the same day.
A new engine and drive purchased right from their other customer Charlie Amorsi. Thank you to Charlie and Lois for the great price!

Its just amazing how fast they can get you boating again!

Here's to Rolf!

Cheers!

15 year customer and counting
The morning of the AC poker run I was pulling up to raft off of Daves boat . Snap! open up hatch to find the blower shaft broke, belt and pulley in bottom of bilge.Jan got garry on the phone and he was on my boat wrenching in 20mins. At the same time rolf was getting a replacement snout assy. Just as garry finished and was getting off my boat it was my turn to leave. They saved my weekend . And this was not the only time they went above and beyond any expedcted level of service. I have used them for 7 years now and have always got my monies worth.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

First of all - I never said my word was "gospel". You can drink all of the cool-aid Tony and Company gives you..... You'll see.

Why don't you do some reference checks with various vendors - you may learn something.

Good Luck to you ......
Thank you. In this sport we need all the luck we can get!

We all have had good run ins and bad run ins, especially in this sport. The Pro-Roc and Typhoon debate in NJ has always been something like Coke Vs. Pepsi and it has always been a fun sort rivalry. Neither side was better or worse, both had loyal customers, but the two got mixed together and couldn't work together.
Now there is Arrow (Frisini Motorsports) and Pro-Roc is back to their place. I just wanted to post both sides of the "word" from the North East because I do not know what happened in the past, but do know what has been going on recently.
As I said before, I have no dog in this, just showing there are more words than just one.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:42 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I have been dealing with all parties, and all have paid my invoices in a timely manner.

Just yesterday Tony came to me with a payment without me even asking for it...

It doesn't get much better than that !!!

If that is a pattern, it is one I can live with !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 02-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Registered

Not to did up an old thread but they were always great to work with. The next in line was pretty bad with the limited dealings I had. With that said it's great so see Trenton Marine making a go of things there. Trenton Marine is what was needed to get that place back to Typhoons level and beyond.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatguy66
So Trenton now has the old facility?
Yes. As an FYI anyone doing business with TM should keep in mind there is a VERY questionable character involved over there a the TR location. Do your homework.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

With all due respect to everyone involved, could we continue the Trenton Marine discussion under a different thread. This is a 5 year old thread.

Typhoon Marine has been out of business for several years now. I am good friends with Bob, Frank, and the whole crew who used to be there and anything to do with their business is irrelevant to what is going on there now.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 02-04-2015, 05:45 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
With all due respect to everyone involved, could we continue the Trenton Marine discussion under a different thread. This is a 5 year old thread.

Typhoon Marine has been out of business for several years now. I am good friends with Bob, Frank, and the whole crew who used to be there and anything to do with their business is irrelevant to what is going on there now.

Thanks,
Tom
I agree Tom.

My opinion has since changed from my post #36 back in 2011.

Not that I am owed anything thank God, but if people do their home work on any business or person, they can make a good decision whether or not to do business with them. Google is your friend ....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.