Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Typhoon Marine-going out of business? >

Typhoon Marine-going out of business?

Notices

Typhoon Marine-going out of business?

Old 09-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Typhoon Marine-going out of business?

I just recieved a letter by Typhoon Marine that they will cease business on Sept. 30 unless they can renew their lease. I always thought they were doing well?
Old 09-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

When I see the words "marine" and "doing well", in this economy they're usually mutually exclusive.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few years ago, they transitioned from a sales driven organization to a service driven organization. I thought that was a really good move, given the condition of the boat sales industry, the fact that sales come and go, but quality service, is always in high demand. My old racing partner Chuck Burke, ran the service side, and is the best!

I just put a call in to them, we will see when I hear back from them.

I hope this is not true, but if it is, maybe I can get him to relocate and set up shop here.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chuck and the guys are staying just a misunderstanding
Old 09-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As I understand it, the plan was not to close down, but to transfer the business to another owner. A sudden decision on the lease has not given them enough time to find a buyer. The company itself seemed to be doing fine up until that point. I don't have any details beyond that.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I was in there this week to pay a bill and it was business a usual wish them all well they are all a great bunch.
Rich
Old 09-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Registered

Not sure if Frank C. still cruises OSO, but he'd have the answer. Nice little facility there on Kettle Creek. They sold parts for my old Silverton right next door.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:06 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Its true Typhoon sold the property when they got out of boat sales and were doing good with service, but the new owner chose to not renew there lease, so with the short time remaining they will not be able to find a new home. Typhoon is a great service shop and we will hear from them real soon I'm sure.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Ditto what BoJoe said.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Registered

Hot off the press and being mailed out Tomorow..

Date: Sept 3, 2010

To All Our Loyal Customers:
It is with great joy and excitement that I inform you that Typhoon Service Center will remain in business

at 120 Kettle Creek Road, Toms River NJ and will not be closing it’s doors on September 30th.

As of October 1, 2010, The Typhoon facility will be leased by Tony Frisina. Tony will be working with

me to transition the business to him over the next few months. I am pleased to be able to state that

Typhoon will remain at the facility and continue to service all of its customers.

We are also pleased that we will be able to accept all winter storage at the current location.

I have included the winter storage form to assist you in arranging for your boat to be stored at our location.

I apologize for any inconvenience that our previous letter has caused you. As you can imagine the loss of

our lease was a significant concern for all of our customers as well as our employees.

On a personal note: I am very excited about the future direction of the business. I will be working with

Tony to transition the full ownership of the business over to him. I am extremely excited that our

customers will continue to receive the highest level of service. I am even more pleased that the employees

of Typhoon will continue to service your needs.

I look forward to seeing you at the facility.

Sincerely,
Robert S Christie
Typhoon Service Center

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.