Notices

Best boat hull for Lake Erie?

Old 09-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
Glass breaks.
Originally Posted by omerta one
Yea so WTF does that have to do with a glasswindshield???
Absolutely nothing. Calm down. Your post said "glass breaks" in response to my post. How was I supposed to know that you had broken a windshield. I don't even have a windshield. I run my 22' Donzi on Lake Erie all the time and it can get hairy but so far the worst has been a couple of stuffs. We are heading for Put-in-Bay today from north Lake St. Clair in fact.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can recommend a 28 Powerplay as something that handles well in the rough, and makes a great first performance boat. I have a 28 w/ a single, which is extremely rare, most are twins.

Mine w/ a single is very well balanced. It always fly's flat, and I basically never use my trim tabs. Get's on plane easy, etc. Only thing it doesn't have for your list is enclosed head, but I imagine some others are rigged with one? Worth looking into for sure if you can find one.

Mine might be for sale in spring.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

i live and boat on lake erie... i have owned a 28 active thunder, 311 formula and curretly 28 saber all great boats. i have had all in some unfavorable conditions - i have no desire to ever sell this saber, it rides incredible in the rough
Old 09-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris
i live and boat on lake erie... i have owned a 28 active thunder, 311 formula and curretly 28 saber all great boats. i have had all in some unfavorable conditions - i have no desire to ever sell this saber, it rides incredible in the rough
Chris...you like it the best over the 28 & 311?
Old 09-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
I can recommend a 28 Powerplay as something that handles well in the rough, and makes a great first performance boat. I have a 28 w/ a single, which is extremely rare, most are twins.

Mine w/ a single is very well balanced. It always fly's flat, and I basically never use my trim tabs. Get's on plane easy, etc. Only thing it doesn't have for your list is enclosed head, but I imagine some others are rigged with one? Worth looking into for sure if you can find one.

Mine might be for sale in spring.
No kidding...the person who bought my boat was selling his impeccable 28 PP close to the range of the OP. Don't see it in the classifieds at this point.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Registered

The lakes were acting up today. Even the big cruisers were heading in. We spent a good part of the day at Brown's Bar and running the channels around Harsens Island. No PIB run today!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
The lakes were acting up today. Even the big cruisers were heading in. We spent a good part of the day at Brown's Bar and running the channels around Harsens Island. No PIB run today!
Probably just like yesterday......you need a 28 PP!

I've been out last summer when there was literally nobody else out on a Sat afternoon because the wind had it so kicked up.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlj676
Probably just like yesterday......you need a 28 PP!

I've been out last summer when there was literally nobody else out on a Sat afternoon because the wind had it so kicked up.
I do need a bigger boat for the big lakes but will keep the little Donzi for a few more years.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Absolutely nothing. Calm down. Your post said "glass breaks" in response to my post. How was I supposed to know that you had broken a windshield. I don't even have a windshield. I run my 22' Donzi on Lake Erie all the time and it can get hairy but so far the worst has been a couple of stuffs. We are heading for Put-in-Bay today from north Lake St. Clair in fact.
You said to seriously consider a Formula...THEY have glass windshields.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was out around marblehead today in my 272 baja and was running it 45 to 52 off and on while i was out with no problems i have been at PIB and come back in 6 footers with no issues but i wouldnt want to do it all of the time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.