Old 09-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've worked with FG before. Never again. F that
Old 10-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

What ever happened on this.. did OL step up to the plate..
Old 10-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Doesn't look like it. But who really knows?
Old 10-06-2010, 06:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
Doesn't look like it. But who really knows?
I received a phone call last night after I posted.. apparently OL is not taking responsibility.. or claiming out of warranty. I asked Fred on this thread, and also didn't get a reply.. that tells me something as well..Where is Fountain40IBCM.. he's on every other OL threads... all I want to know is what year did Mike start using those tanks.. Thanks..
Old 10-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont think it's just OL that's not stepping up to the plate... I haven't heard of any effected manufacturer actually covering this.

Given the money spent, at a minimum they should be covering this for the original owners. IMO, the bladder OEM and boat manufacturers should be covering this. There's a lot of finger pointing going on and I can see neither the OEM or the builder wanting to be left holding the bag, but it's absolute BS that the innocent consumer is the one left footing the bill on this... especially while someone (builder or independent glass shop) makes even more on this repair work! This should absolutely be covered, it's not just a structural issue, it's a real safety issue!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Or, at least the manufacturer could offer to do it at dead cost or at significant savings.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

I think it could be a nightmare either way. If the manufacturer takes resposibility for a vendor's part/problem then they are admitting fault. If they voluntarily foot the bill for replacement then they put themselves in a major financial bind (5-10K per boat X how many boats). Most builders simply don't have that kind of cash laying around right now.

Of course, the worst case scenario is if a lawyer takes the case to the class action level and goes after the manufacturer and the tank maker. If someone happens to get seriously hurt because of a faulty tank then this exponentially ups the ante.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Devils advocate, the tank manufacturers made the tanks within compliance for regular fuels, When did the gov start jamming ethanol down our throats. Seems to me a class action against the gov would yield a better result with many boat manufacturers and boaters united. at least it may give the opportunity for marinas to carry gas with no ethanol in it.

All any tank man and boat builder has to say is the tanks weren't designed for that type of fuel. To me would be no different if someone says I must burn hi octane and I don't.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Jupiter Sunsation;3224116]Most builders simply don't have that kind of cash laying around right now.

QUOTE]

That is the problem. Also, it is a can of worms that no one wants to open. Any way you look at it, its not right. At the bare minimum, there should be some assistance from the factory.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Devils advocate, the tank manufacturers made the tanks within compliance for regular fuels, When did the gov start jamming ethanol down our throats. Seems to me a class action against the gov would yield a better result with many boat manufacturers and boaters united. at least it may give the opportunity for marinas to carry gas with no ethanol in it.

All any tank man and boat builder has to say is the tanks weren't designed for that type of fuel. To me would be no different if someone says I must burn hi octane and I don't.
Yes and no. Why were the bladders installed in the first place. Cost, weight savings, size? Cig refused them and stuck with aluminum as did other manufacturers. What was the real benefit at the time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.