Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!! >

Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!

Notices

Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!

Old 09-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably meant not that stupid to leave the plug out and leave town with phone turned off.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:14 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I spend stupid money on my boating hobby
Old 09-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Surprised Sea-Tow hasn't started their salvage job.

If the home owner rented out the dock and the boat sinks, who is responsible for the environmental cleanup?
Old 09-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Registered

I was thinking the same thing- maybe you should put a salvage claim on it yourself, pay someone to raise it, then turn around and sell it to National!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
It's off Bayview and Oakland.

We saw the neihbors our there when they returned. The husband was on the phone screaming at someone. I told the wife I tried to let them know in the middle of the night. She said it's not our boat "we're not that stupid".

Appently they are renting the dock out. I'm not sure what she meant by "we're not that stupid" but i took it as she meant you have to be stupid to own a boat.
I bet there is some serious damage to the dock. It is awful to see that, I wonder if the shore power was not sufficient, or turned off, Batteries can keep up for a while, but they drain pretty quickly with all four bilges running, hopefully the enviornmental guys are not too hard on the owner, but I have a feeling the officers that stopped by left the bill with the home owner and let him sort out the the rest. bad deal all the way around. I guess the same question would apply if you had renters in your home and it burns down, who is responsible for the clean up? renters or owners?
Old 09-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by spk1
I bet there is some serious damage to the dock. It is awful to see that, I wonder if the shore power was not sufficient, or turned off, Batteries can keep up for a while, but they drain pretty quickly with all four bilges running, hopefully the enviornmental guys are not too hard on the owner, but I have a feeling the officers that stopped by left the bill with the home owner and let him sort out the the rest. bad deal all the way around. I guess the same question would apply if you had renters in your home and it burns down, who is responsible for the clean up? renters or owners?
The renters would be responsible for their personal property and the Owner his. (Renters insurance). I would think the Owner would be responsible for damage to his property and the "renter" (boat Onwer) the boat. Owners insurance likely to go after renters insurance. Since the boat would be the cause of any environmental issue I believe thats where the responsibility would be. When the docks collapsed from the ice at LOTO the marinas had no responsibility for damage to the boats; only their own docks.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, today they finally removed the tender off the bow. Apperently, what they didn't realize was the tender was actually keeping the boat floating at the level it was. It was acting as a life jacket. Once the tender was released, the boat dropped quite a bit. It ripped the dock apart pretty good where the boat was tied. The piling wither broke or ripped out.

The big boat is still under water for the 5th day. What a shame! What could have proabably been saved with a buch of work is quickly turning to garbage!
Attached Thumbnails Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-dsc01383.jpg   Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-dsc01384.jpg   Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-dsc01385.jpg  

Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-dsc01386.jpg   Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-dsc01388.jpg  

Last edited by LubeJobs42; 09-09-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Registered

well its definatly a newer boat. whats the property owner saying........
Old 09-09-2010, 11:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Well, today they finally removed the tender off the bow. Apperently, what they didn't realize was the tender was actually keeping the boat floating at the level it was. It was acting as a life jacket. Once the tender was released, the boat dropped quite a bit. It ripped the dock apart pretty good where the boat was tied. The piling wither broke or ripped out.

The big boat is still under water for the 5th day. What a shame! What could have proabably been saved with a buch of work is quickly turning to garbage!
oh wow, thats the first time i noticed it was an enclosed bridge, thats a newer model, and I have a serious hard time believing it doesnt have insurance, absentee owner, during hurricane season, it would be very hard to over look insurance. Owner Could be playing some cat and mouse, to make sure he gets the full loss, who knows.

Last edited by spk1; 09-10-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:39 AM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

That's really ashame! Hate to see that. The 60 Ocean's are nice!
Attached Thumbnails Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-ocan60_1.jpg   Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-ocan60_3.jpg   Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-ocan60_7.jpg  

Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-ocan60_8.jpg   Very Eerie sight!! Very sad!!-ocan60_10.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.