Old 09-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mcob cats

dcb

http://www.dcbracing.com/preowned/MCS2496.html

or an f29 mid cabin open bow

http://www.dcbracing.com/preowned/2009DCBMachF-29.html

Ive also seen some magics really cheap in the local craigslist ads.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/1942266510.html

i've been looking around myself

Last edited by andychb; 09-14-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: magic
Old 09-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Registered
VIP Member

My 30 Advantage has everything I need. Open bow where the kids normally hang and a mid cabin where the girls go and hide if it rains. It has a decent size built in swim platform. I have a 28' slip that I keep it in. I built a awning that extends 3' to keep sun and rain off it. it works and look good. I can post some pictures later if you want to see it.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I know a guy with a 29' Eticket. It has 525's. Nice boat! A friend has a 28' Magic. It has a 496ho. Neither have drop out bolster. But that's just what I prefer. Both good boats tho.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Registered

My 06 Advantage 32 rides great in the rough,has 4 drop down blosters has more room than any boat it size or alot bigger,with the twin 496 HO's it has done the best of 83.The mid cabin is big and the open bow is nice. It is also for sale ...lol
Old 09-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by getinoutofmissou
Sorry I didn’t have the auto notify on my own post. I have done some research what about an open bow cat? I did some research and the eticketboats web site. Cool boat might be more than I want to spend on a boat 175k new 125k for 05 used. I do like the idea of the space in a cat. Any disadvantages? Dislikes?
I personally would not want to be on a small cat at LOTO at all. The water is too big for most of them, I'd think you'd be hooking a sponson constantly in the washing machine like mess. Even worse would be having someone in the bow in a fast cat/deckboat in those conditions.

Outside of that lake, performance deckboats are pretty damn cool, and E-ticket is top of the line. DCB, Howard, Eliminator, Trident are just some others to check out. They are a more west coast thing, so performanceboats.com and riverdavesplace.com would have a lot more knowledgeable people on them. That style of boating is basically river boating though, and far different than LOTO and those boats just wouldn't be safe there in my mind.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Registered

LOTO is to big us. we go to table rock. A rough day at table rock is a good day at LOTO.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by getinoutofmissou
LOTO is to big us. we go to table rock. A rough day at table rock is a good day at LOTO.
I'm familiar w/ Table Rock (and Pomme de Terre and more, I'm from MO). Those performance deck's would be fine there then I think. They'd also stand out in the crowd of Baja's!

That E-Ticket 28 would be a towards the top of my list then (with Trident, Howard and DCB).
Old 09-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Registered

Default Open The Box.....

deleted

Last edited by outlawmarine; 09-14-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Registered

Default Open The Box.....

Do not just look at the boats we have and market here.

Twins in 29' boat to me are not very stable. And just overkill.
NO 29 is going to be smooth on LOTO. Hell a 38 is not. If you want to go fast and smooth, get a 38 special.

Now I have a single 29 on GLOC, and it has handled the biggest cruiser waves with ease, I have gone WOT behind 50' boats and it flys through it. But I have a shockwave and it is heavy in terms of a 29, and BIG. And I can take 12 People comfortably.

Do not just limit yourself to a twin. There are PLENTY of west coast style boat that will run 80 all day without TWINS. Check out HOWARD, HEAT, NORDIC, SHOCKWAVE, ELIMINATOR, ETC, and there are countless more. It seems the midwest is limited to Baja, and Searay, why I do not know.

Your looking in a size that Twin 496's or 502's do not do much better than a single 525efi, just because of shear weight. Most boats are not limited by POWER, they are limited by the speed the hull can go. If you are truly limited to a 29, look single.

IN stock new form, You might gain 10 mph in a stock boat with twins over a single 525SC or EFI in a V bottom. Now if you go with Twin Race engines that is a different story, but you better be prepared to spend at least $100k used for twin 525's or better.

But there are a lot of boats out there. Look West Coast for speed, value and right now with the CRAP A@@ economy a good buy on a $145k boat. I at first wanted a Baja, Fountian or a Sunsation, etc until I drove and really looked into west coast boats and I was VERY impressed.

Open you mind and look around, there are some great deals and some VERY VERY COOL boats to be had.

GO LOOK AT HOWARD, YOU DO REALIZE YOU CAN DO 120 WITH A SINGLE ENGINE IN A NICE BOAT.

Just trying to help....
Old 09-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Registered

Default Ok, one more

I have always had fast bass boats and v bottom boats. Had the luxury of riding on a BIG MTI, yes they work because they are 40' freaking feet long. Small cats are bobbers on rough water. I know Deep V's are not cool but they cut waves. and a performance CAT is SWEET AND THEY HAUL BAL@@.
HERE IS A GOOD VIDEO.
http://www.performanceboats.com/inde...&video_id=3314

[QUOTE=rlj676;3207861]I personally would not want to be on a small cat at LOTO at all.

Last edited by outlawmarine; 09-14-2010 at 10:26 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.