Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Solomons Offshore Grand Prix Update (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/238560-solomons-offshore-grand-prix-update.html)

Karaokemike 09-07-2010 12:09 PM

Solomons Offshore Grand Prix Update

3 Attachment(s)
Race Update

Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend and that you are looking forward to to the boat races that are less than a month away. We have been working very hard to put some things into place to make this weekend one that you will never forget. So, please make sure to come out and enjoy this awesome event.

First off, there has been a time change to the Autograph Signing Session taking place at the Solomons Yachting Center. The new time for the event will be 6-8PM on Saturday. Make sure you come out to meet the race teams and the Hillstrand Brothers from the Deadliest Catch.

In The Pits Radio will be there to broadcast the weekend events starting on Saturday and of course the race on Sunday. Please go to there website Home -In The Pits Racing Radio for more information. Also we will have a speaker system that will be placed on the boardwalk from Solomons Pier to Bunkys Boat Rental Building. There will also be a speaker for the other side of Solomons Pier for everyone that will be watching the race on that side. This system will allow for the fans who are watching the race here the play by play action on the race course and of course just enjoy the day even more.

.....PARKING FOR EVENT.......

There will be parking limited parking in Glascocks Field on Saturday and Sunday. The pits will open to the public and 9AM both days so make sure you come by and check out the vendors and teams. On Sunday there will parking at the Solomons Volunteer Fire Department opening at 10AM that morning. There will be shuttles that will take spectators from the fire department to Glascock Field then on to Solomons for the races. THERE WILL BE NO PARKING AT THE FIRE DEPARTMENT ON SATURDAY AND ALSO NO SHUTTLE. There will be a $5 Dollar charge to park in both locations on both days. The proceeds from the parking will be going to the Solomons Volunteer Fire Department.

On Saturday there will be a Vendor Area set up on the Dry Pits with things for the whole family to do. There will be Barbecue, Coors Light, Fantasy World Entertainment with rides for the kids, Bayside Chevrolet Cars to check out, Clarks Landing will have some nice Sea Ray Boats, plus a whole bunch more. Last but not least make sure to check out the race teams including Miss GEICO, Spirit of Qatar and many more as they get ready to race on Sunday.

There are photos attached below showing the Glascock Field Layout

OldSchool 09-09-2010 05:27 PM

Great job Mikey. You've done a fantastic job.

We are in for the poker Run on Saturday and ....of course volunteer work on RACE DAY!!!!!!

After the summer that we've had, Nancy and I are really looking forward to enjoying the chit out of the entire weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ernaehrung004::drink: :ernaehrung004::drink:

Karaokemike 09-09-2010 05:54 PM

Thanks Craig looking forward to it!!!!

GregP 09-09-2010 06:47 PM

Looking forward to another great year of racing and working as medic boat again. Hosted Sharkey as his photo platform last year, hope to see him again this year.

-Greg

Keith 09-09-2010 08:55 PM

Only a few weeks away, can't wait. Time for a roll call. Count me in. :D

WMF 09-09-2010 09:33 PM

See everyone there!!! cant wait:drink::drink:

Ted G 09-09-2010 09:47 PM

Yeah, I'll stop by....

Love Machine 09-09-2010 10:04 PM

This event is going to be Cracka Lackin'! I heard a rumor about some professional cheerleaders showing up!!!:cheer:

:D

Karaokemike 09-10-2010 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Ted G (Post 3204016)
Yeah, I'll stop by....

Yeah I thought you might show!!!!

Originally Posted by Love Machine (Post 3204034)
This event is going to be Cracka Lackin'! I heard a rumor about some professional cheerleaders showing up!!!:cheer:

:D

Well I need to get in touch with them now I guess.....sheez

Smitty1035 09-10-2010 07:20 PM

Oh yeah!!! Its gonna be a good one!!! Registrations for the poker run are coming in and we are finalizing all of the details. Its gonna be a blast!!!