Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   More sad news from LOTO - you won't believe this (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/238562-more-sad-news-loto-you-wont-believe.html)

omerta one 09-07-2010 12:24 PM

More sad news from LOTO - you won't believe this

Kansas man drowns after boat swamping.

lakenewsonline.com
Posted Sep 07, 2010 @ 11:25 AM

Morgan County, Mo. — A 46-year-old Kansas man drowned Monday evening at Lake of the Ozarks after the boat he was riding on was overtaken by water.

Donald Johnson Jr. was one of three passengers in 1959 Runabout being driven by 53-year-old David Gray, of Edwards, Mo. According to the Missouri State Water Patrol report, Johnson and the other passengers went to urinate off the same side of the boat causing water to come over the side.
The three men were swept off the boat. Daniel Craig, 52 of Lansing, Kan., and Chad Eversole, 35 of Cumberland, Iowa, both made it to the shore, according to the report.
The swamping happened about 8:30 p.m. on the 65 mile mark. Johnson's body was found floating by the Ivy Bend Fire Department about 10:20 later that evening.

BLee 09-07-2010 12:38 PM

That's terrible!

How did he not make it to shore, or at minimum to the back of the boat? Just thinking aloud, I apologize & mean absolutely NO disrespect for the questions. I am so sorry for your loss.

RedDog382 09-07-2010 08:32 PM

I have actually heard statistics that a large number of drowning victims are found with their fly open ...

Seriously!

LaughingCat 09-07-2010 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by RedDog382 (Post 3201953)
I have actually heard statistics that a large number of drowning victims are found with their fly open ...

Seriously!

If you're being serious, why is there coffee all over my screen.

Sydwayz 09-07-2010 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by LaughingCat (Post 3202017)
If you're being serious, why is there coffee all over my screen.

Fact. I've read it too.

fountain4play 09-07-2010 11:14 PM

While the weather was awesome down at the lake this weekend it has to go down as one of the deadliest that I can recount...

Three drownings and the lady who died in the docking accident... It makes for a very sobering Labor Day weekend... Very Sad....

30ctsutphen 09-07-2010 11:17 PM

Damn thats a tough way to go. You think theyd keep the reason out of the papers.

Its not like everybody here hasnt done it but its not something that needs to be shared in this occasion.

The poor guy probably hit his head as he fell or something.

RIP it could happen to anyone of us who has been rafted up or hanging out with the guys.

BattleCry 09-08-2010 04:30 AM

The water is a lot more shallow past the 60MM and usually very calm. Sorry to hear.

TCBoss302 09-08-2010 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by fountain4play (Post 3202122)
While the weather was awesome down at the lake this weekend it has to go down as one of the deadliest that I can recount...

Three drownings and the lady who died in the docking accident... It makes for a very sobering Labor Day weekend... Very Sad....

What happened with the docking accident?

Nevermind, I found the thread. Sad.......

Steve 1 09-08-2010 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by RedDog382 (Post 3201953)

Seriously!

Maybe froggie was trying to get out and swim to freedom.