Where to launch in Toronto? >

Where to launch in Toronto?

Notices

Where to launch in Toronto?

Old 09-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Where to launch in Toronto?

So summer is over, thinking we are going to bring our Stand up and GTX home from the cottage today. I would like to ride a couple more times if possible. Where can I launch in Toronto? My brother has a harbor license but I do not. I know we have a couple GTA members so lets hear it!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
So summer is over, thinking we are going to bring our Stand up and GTX home from the cottage today. I would like to ride a couple more times if possible. Where can I launch in Toronto? My brother has a harbor license but I do not. I know we have a couple GTA members so lets hear it!
I am not aware of the ramps right in Toronto proper. I use Lakefront Promenade at Port Credit if you are in the west end or the ramp on the Credit River across from Credit Village Marina. Heading down there shortly to go for a rip on the lake and then meeting DoubleR to pull the boat out this evening. Sad to see our summer season coming to an end but it has been mostly a good one.
Bob
Old 09-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Use the Lake Promenade Ramps . Tons of room to park and the ramps are PERFECT.

Phuck the Inner Harbour license. Been in there a hundred times and never asked.
Just behave yourself and keep noise down and enjoy !!!

Take a jacket. BTB and I went out in July when it was 100 out and froze our nuts off . Lake Ontario NEVER gets warm.

I know you live in the east end but the roads leading down to the lake over near the bluffs will scare you to death.

I think there is a ramp at Ontario Place but you can never count on the hours of operation ( and the guy at the gate doesnt speak English )

Have a great time. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Catastrophe; 09-07-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

West Humber Bay Park ( right beside the mouth of the Humber river). Good concrete ramps and plenty o parking for trailers. QEW to Parklawn exit. South one block, west one block and you're there.

Watch out for trees and telephone poles out there.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanx guys! Humber Bay Park seems like its the closest to our house (Bathurst and Eglinton). I figure I don't start back at work until September 27th so I may as well ride in Toronto and not have to drive a 100 miles out to the cottage. My boss mentioned Ashbridges Bay Park? My brother said we could do Ontario Place he has a key card and parking pass but he said most people that have jet skis launch on this hill that goes into the water...? I sort of just want launch spot where we can launch and its a direct shot into the lake, it is not very fun dragging on the stand up if you have to go through a marina.