Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who can freshen 500 EFI's in the Midwest? >

Who can freshen 500 EFI's in the Midwest?

Notices

Who can freshen 500 EFI's in the Midwest?

Old 09-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Brad Smith and PBB are on the list.
Just from expierence I tried the cheaper route at first do to money. To make things short that motor didn't even last 3 hours. Let that guy try and make things rights he didn't I ended up having Brad Smith build them the 3rd time and couldn't be happier. First class!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd recomend Boyd racing out of Oklahoma. They do a lot of motors for Loto guys. I'd also recomend Gene at Lightning Performance at LOTO. No matter who you chose do it right, it will save you a lot of money in the long run.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smith . Brad
Old 09-15-2010, 01:05 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Knot 4 Me

I'm just a little south of you in Springfield IL. Brad Smith has freshened a set of 1000hp engines for a close friend, also from the area, and built a set of 650hp engines for him as well. The guy(Brad) just turns out great work and stands behind his product. Brad can answer any engine question that you have and also go into great detail so that you are able to understand it. PBB does some great service work, however, I would not consider them an engine shop.

If you have any questions PM me.

Big Andy
Old 09-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Yes guys, I am looking to get my buddy names of guys that will do the job right the first time. He was tossing around names that were scaring me so I thought I would try to give him some quality builder names. We have experience on our dock with a couple engine builders out of Michigan. Unfortunately, both builders fell short in terms of delivering a quality product.

I noticed on PBB's website that they do not offer rebuild services.

It is a shame LPG seemed very uninterested in doing work of this nature. Eickert is an hour away from us and my Dad is in the shop most days.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

Knot,

it sounds like you have narrowed it down to some of the best places in the Midwest to perform the motor work you are looking for. I don't think you can go wrong taking your motors to any of the already stated shops.

We at Performance Boat Brokerage would love to have the business as we can do the builds as good as any of these shops mentioned. We do have a full service department (including paint) and our new website will show that.

Thanks for all that mentioned us and good luck Knot!!

Brett Manire
Performance Boat Brokerage
Old 09-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Yes guys, I am looking to get my buddy names of guys that will do the job right the first time. He was tossing around names that were scaring me so I thought I would try to give him some quality builder names. We have experience on our dock with a couple engine builders out of Michigan. Unfortunately, both builders fell short in terms of delivering a quality product.

I noticed on PBB's website that they do not offer rebuild services.

It is a shame LPG seemed very uninterested in doing work of this nature. Eickert is an hour away from us and my Dad is in the shop most days.
I'm assuming you don't want to call out the MI shops, just as info for us up here?
Old 09-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja
Knot,

it sounds like you have narrowed it down to some of the best places in the Midwest to perform the motor work you are looking for. I don't think you can go wrong taking your motors to any of the already stated shops.

We at Performance Boat Brokerage would love to have the business as we can do the builds as good as any of these shops mentioned. We do have a full service department (including paint) and our new website will show that.

Brett Manire
Brett
I agree that you have an excellent service department, however, I must have missed the engine and dyno part of the shop when I was looking at boats at your facility during Shootout Weekend. Do you do all the work in-house(excluding machine work) and dyno test it?

Big Andy
Old 09-16-2010, 08:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlj676
I'm assuming you don't want to call out the MI shops, just as info for us up here?
The shops didn't do work for me. They did work for two friends of mine on our dock at our local lake. Not my place to get involved with their dealings with these shops on a public forum. And by no means was I implying that no shop in Michigan does good work.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja
Knot,

Brett Manire
Thanks for the reply, Brett. How much work do you do in-house and what do you farm out? I will be back down to LOTO sometime in the next few weeks and would love to stop by and see your facility.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.