Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Power One Fountain of Youth Product Review (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/239072-power-one-fountain-youth-product-review.html)

FuelinAround 09-14-2010 12:10 PM

Power One Fountain of Youth Product Review

Well as expected the boat was absolutely disgusting after sitting in harmon this weekend. I even got in and cleaned the sides off one day and that didn;t seem to make a difference. When I got out of the water there was a HEAVY 10in dark line around the boat and below the water line was a yellowish tint. I started off by appling the product via a spray bottle, let it sit for a minute and sprayed off with water. 80% of the heavy top coat just washed off. I had tried to rinse the product off with a wet towel previously and it wouldn't come off at all. I allowed the area to dry (as the directions said) and applied a second coat which I hand buffed after about 45 seconds. These results were nothing short of amazing. It actually even removed oxidation. The product sets up into a hard wax like element on the surface and is actually a little tuff to get off. I found that getting a towel wet with the product and then going over the buffed areas provided the best results. I think next time I might try appling the product with a sponge to see if it makes a difference. This is deffinately one of the best stain removers I have ever used. I sit the bottle down on my aluminum trailer and it dripped some and when I picked up the bottle it was shiny aluminum underneath. There was very little chemical smell like most other hull cleaners. The only thing I did notice are that my fingers are irritated and red today. It's very unusual for me to have a reaction to something so I am almost positive it was something in the cleaner. I will use gloves next time and enjoy the tremendous results.

http://www.fountainofyouthrestore.com/power1.html

Bullhead 09-14-2010 12:42 PM

the stuff works awesome

FuelinAround 09-14-2010 03:06 PM

How do you apply and use the product?

heater63 09-14-2010 07:37 PM

hey Kyboy,thanks for the review.The product works the best on a dry boat.You should be able to just spray it on,let sit for about 2 minutes and then rinse it off.It can be applied with a sponge or rag but will usually be quicker will a spray bottle.If you have an aluminum trailer you will want to wet it down first or try to cover it the best you can. The first time I used it I sprayed my whole trailer and now the whole thing is shiny.also its best to rinse it off before it dries and you wont get the wax like element that you spoke of.You've also got to try this stuff on rust stains.If you have a painted trailer and sometimes get the rust runs around the welds or where paint is cracked,just spray it on the rust stains and they will disappear before your eyes.then just wipe it off.also great for hard water stains and brake dust on your wheels.Always try it in a small inconspicuous area first.(doesnt like some types of glass)Thanks again and if anyone would like to try this stuff pm me or give me a call at 315_796-2598

heater63 09-14-2010 07:47 PM

Stop by the Power1One boat pits at Atlantic City races this weekend.I will have that and all the other Fountain of Youth products with me.

GO4BROKE 09-14-2010 09:32 PM

Yup, worked awsome for me too. I ordered one of everything else to try. It took black marks off the bottem of the boat that were there before I bought it and nothing else would touch. No scrubbing. It also took off rust stains from the cockpit floor that other cleaners didn't help.

FuelinAround 09-14-2010 10:17 PM

Just a side note..... My girlfriend works for a dermatologist and when I went by there on lunch today he glanced at my hands... Said it is a 1st degree chemical burn not a allergic reaction. Users may want to wash hands or wear gloves. I would say it took me an hour to do the whole boat (top, side, bottom etc) and I had a rag soaked in then stuff pretty much the whole time. This will not defer me from using the product I will just be more cautious next time

FuelinAround 09-14-2010 10:19 PM

The white in my boat is more of an off white now even after serious cutting and buffing. I am curious if this is just the gel coat color originally used or if it's just sun and water damage. Not sure there is a product or wet sander out there who can restore the shade of white I really want

Mastercraft240 09-14-2010 10:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by kyboy1020 (Post 3208130)
The white in my boat is more of an off white now even after serious cutting and buffing. I am curious if this is just the gel coat color originally used or if it's just sun and water damage. Not sure there is a product or wet sander out there who can restore the shade of white I really want

If you've never wet sanded before, as I had not either, you should try wetsanding with 1500grit and work your way up to 2500grit. Follow it with a wool pad & micro compound. Use finnesse it with a foam pad (the black one), wash the boat and apple a fresh coat of pure wax. A lot of people say anything over 1500 is a waste of time, but mine came out great.

SkiDoc 09-15-2010 06:15 AM

Gel will yellow with time. Not much you can do for it but paint it. It yellows through and through. I have observed it is from sun exposure. If you look under fittings, stickers, etc.. you will notice that the gel is much less yellow. I try to prevent it by keeping hull sides covered whenever possible. I have noticed with my ski boats that they use whites with a silver tint that seems to be more resistant to yellowing than pure white.