Jbs Demolished By Piston Power

Notices

Jbs Demolished By Piston Power

Old 09-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nautdesign1
Ah the conspiracy theorists. I’ve never met Mr. JBS nor do I presently have any commercial affiliations with his suppliers. I have no agenda and am generally too busy to spend any time here-thus my anemic post count. However when I do browse these pages from time to time I can’t help but notice the way this chap carries on. My comments are based solely upon what I have read on this site but I suppose the phenomenon I find most bewildering (and why I decided to post) was the sheer number of individuals here that appear to blindly support his extraordinary behavior. I was brought up to show humility when you win and offer congratulations when you lose …but maybe I am out of touch with what is considered sportsmanlike behavior these days…..

Back to work
Just so I understand your point:

You've never met Mr JBS, don't have time for things like posting on a forum, but the way he chooses to carry himself angers you so bad, that you've made time to come here & post about him?

The jealousy comment toward you, is sounding more & more relevant with each new post you make, if this is the case?

The other racers have no relevance to what you're saying, so it "looks" like you have some agenda, or painfull jealousy toward JBS alone?

Most of us are just curious what have they done, to make you go against the time you don't have for things like this, & the fact you've never spoken to Jeff, to make you carve time out to say these things about them?
Old 09-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's what Jeff wrote in the racing section regarding the shootout. I don't see anything condesending about this at all.

So.....why the rant and the need to move this conversation from the racers section to the General discussion section?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations to all the Nauti Marine crew-awesome run!

Everyone keeps saying only with piston power like it's some kind of disadvantage.you guys have proven it's dominance over turbines in a drag race.

We had fun doing the shootout and look foreword to next year.__________________
Jeff Stevenson
Owner/Driver JBS racing
2004 APBA National + World Champion
2004 APBA Hall of Champions inducteehttp://jbsracing.com
[email protected]
920-419-5645
Old 09-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Being that I don't make in a year what JBS makes in interest in an hour I will say that I am glad he spends his money breaking his boat for his own satisfaction & the entertainment of others.

Being a gentleman no more makes one a good racer than not having a temper made John McEnroe a #1 tennis player. Talent is talent. Some go about displaying their charisma rather than dollars in their bank accounts. They are still good racers. It is an emotional experience that most of us will never truly understand or be lucky enough to experience.
Just enjoy what is being brought to you by those with the cubic dollars to make it happen.

Thanks to ALL the racers on all the scales that go out & make it happen! Without people in all scales of racing from small time, small budget like Brad Herrington (Team Kansas) and big time big budget like John Haggin or Dave Scott & even middle of the road like Tyler Crockett there would be a big hole in the sport we all love.
Why bash them? It won't do any good & all it does is make you look like an jealous a$$hole.
Be glad you have what you have & for God's sake, move out of your mother's basement.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Registered

Not one boat can do everything the best, I belive for a shoot out piston power is the way to go, but if I want to do a Poker run, a Shoot Out, and then a Race. I will take a turbin boat any day. I doubt the piston boat would even make it to the first card stop.

Kinda like a tub'd c5 corvett with some 600+cu blower moter, beating a 24hr road race corvett in a drag race. There both C5 corvetts just built to do diffent things.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 136 Likes on 79 Posts
Default We're all different, yet we all like the same thing.

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Being that I don't make in a year what JBS makes in interest in an hour I will say that I am glad he spends his money breaking his boat for his own satisfaction & the entertainment of others.

Being a gentleman no more makes one a good racer than not having a temper made John McEnroe a #1 tennis player. Talent is talent. Some go about displaying their charisma rather than dollars in their bank accounts. They are still good racers. It is an emotional experience that most of us will never truly understand or be lucky enough to experience.
Just enjoy what is being brought to you by those with the cubic dollars to make it happen.

Thanks to ALL the racers on all the scales that go out & make it happen! Without people in all scales of racing from small time, small budget like Brad Herrington (Team Kansas) and big time big budget like John Haggin or Dave Scott & even middle of the road like Tyler Crockett there would be a big hole in the sport we all love.
Why bash them? It won't do any good & all it does is make you look like an jealous a$$hole.
Be glad you have what you have & for God's sake, move out of your mother's basement.
Great post, Jason.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 09-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 1 Post

Mr. Blee,

If my wording on that post somehow came across as a slight against those that frequent this site regularly then clearly my choice of wording was poor and you have my apologies. My view is in fact the polar opposite…and as you can tell I’m not exactly avoiding this place of late.

As mentioned I’m simply reading the same outbursts from Mr. JBS that you are but it appears you have a complete disregard for how a person conducts himself provided he spends a lot of money trying to gain some notoriety. The recurring theme of you and your JBS co-fans seems to be an accusation of jealousy. However if I am a jealous person by nature, wouldn’t I be having a go at the person/team that has the most to be jealous of? Do you see any critizism of Mr. Scott or Geico?

Mr. JasonSmith,

Do you see me having a go at anyone other then JBS? Perhaps reread my posts and you will observe that I am suggesting JBS take cues from the other rather impressive teams. How do you get that I am bashing “them” from what I have written here? Also do you have any footage of McEnroe ripping on his opponents or gloating after a victory? I am happy to stand corrected but I think you should have used boxing as your example. On that one I’d have to shut the F#%@ up.

Finally let’s assume for a minute that I am a person of modest means. Does that somehow make my line of inquiry less valid? Conversely if I show you the spoils of my multiple eight figure net worth that’s taken 20+ years to build does that change your views? Are you not capable of simply making a judgment call on the validity of the comment instead of attempting to discover some non-existent hidden agenda, motive or emotion behind the deliverer?

There’s surely got to be more than five people here that are capable of grasping the point I am making….I feel like George Bush at a Taliban convention.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nautdesign1
….I feel like George Bush at a Taliban convention.
Watch for flying shoes....
Old 09-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you a Nigerian email scamer? All this "Mr." crap had me wondering.
I don't have the education to help me obtain an 8 figure bank account balance, unless we are counting the digits to the right of the decimal. However, I do have the ability to understand trash talk, not because I am in the trash business, rather I have this unique ability to understand the humor often lost in the written word.
Perhaps you should review that post regarding the "crushing" refer to.
I took it as fun-poking from one competitor to another. Perhaps I am incorrect.
Either way I think most humor is lost on you. I'm 1000% sure the sarcasm in my internal dialogue is not passing through in my written word.
Enjoy making more of something than was intended.
Good day sir, where do I send my social security number so I can claim my portion of your 8 figure bank account?
Old 09-17-2010, 06:04 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
From start to finish, this thread is a first-rate example of exactly what is keeping boat racing from becoming a viable sport.

Can anyone provide a message board thread where Rick Hendricks is trashing Jack Roush? Roger Penske trashing Chip Ganassi? Ron Dennis trashing Luca Montezemola?
No... they just walk over on national TV with millions watching and pop the guy in the pit lanes.

Last edited by Audiofn; 09-17-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where do I send my social security number so I can claim my portion of your 8 figure bank account?
Send it to Obama.... He's on top of trying to redistribute the wealth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.