Jbs Demolished By Piston Power

Notices

Jbs Demolished By Piston Power

Old 09-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C_Spray
From start to finish, this thread is a first-rate example of exactly what is keeping boat racing from becoming a viable sport.

Can anyone provide a message board thread where Rick Hendricks is trashing Jack Roush? Roger Penske trashing Chip Ganassi? Ron Dennis trashing Luca Montezemola?
Yes in the newspaper ( in Europe that is)
It helps keep the sport in tne press, F1 being quiet a large sport in the rest of the world

Last edited by powerabout; 09-17-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wink

Originally Posted by C5Steve
Send it to Obama.... He's on top of trying to redistribute the wealth
its a Turkish bank account
1 USD= 1,0000,0000. Turkish lira
Old 09-17-2010, 08:14 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by turbo94gto
Not one boat can do everything the best, I belive for a shoot out piston power is the way to go, but if I want to do a Poker run, a Shoot Out, and then a Race. I will take a turbin boat any day. I doubt the piston boat would even make it to the first card stop.

Kinda like a tub'd c5 corvett with some 600+cu blower moter, beating a 24hr road race corvett in a drag race. There both C5 corvetts just built to do diffent things.
Seems to me that Mr. Scott's boat can do everything.

That is a tribute to his organization, skill and experience. Offshore misses him and his team.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:34 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't think this guy was "bashing" or greatly out of line. The JBS team has continuously walked around with their pants down around their ankles in a lot of their posts.

It has always seemed to me that anyone with a big power, mega boat gets an inordinate amount of respect on this website simply for writing a check, regardless of whether or not the boater in question has an ounce of class, skill, or common sense. (some do, some don't). As far as the "concern" that criticisms on the web could be damaging to potential sponsors, I submit the following:

1. Any publicity is better than none at all.
2. The sport of Offshore Racing has damaged itself in a myriad of ways and continues to do so in the eyes of both sponsors and TV media types. The causes of this are too numerous to list (again), but I assure you that negativity on enthusiast websites is way down the list.

We need to understand the difference between thoughtful criticism and "bashing". The former is needed for any endeavour to move forward, the latter is simply a release of frustration or an unwarranted attack.

Welcome to OSO Nautdesign....... It's nice to see points made in such an articulate and urbane fashion.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 09-17-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by nautdesign1
...There’s surely got to be more than five people here that are capable of grasping the point I am making….I feel like George Bush at a Taliban convention.
I understand the point you are making. It doesn't matter what the sport is, I tend to respect those that demonstrate good sportsmanship.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Watch for flying shoes....
Hilarious!
Old 09-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not know JBS so this is in general. I raced for years and I will tell you most drivers can be dicks. Its called ego. Thinking and knowing your the best. If you think your just ok well that the first step to second place. A driver without some swagger is usually an "also ran". I wasnt much on talking trash because if you end up having a bad day you have to eat crow and deflect the real problems. Now drivers and owners do talk trash to each other the public just doesnt get to see it. Thats competition and it happens on or off the track. Even when men were gentlemen and I think most still are intimidation is a big factor. You stare someone down, bump them while on a restart and get in their head. Like Earnhardt smiling at you in your mirror. You knew what was about to happen.

Last edited by GTOFFSHORE; 09-17-2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 09-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
I don't think this guy was "bashing" or greatly out of line. The JBS team has continuously walked around with their pants down around their ankles with a lot of their posts.

It has always seemed to me that anyone with a big power, fast boat gets an inordinate amount of respect on this website, regardless of whether or not the boater in question has an ounce of class or common sense. (some do, some don't). As far as the "concern" that criticisms on the web could be damaging to potential sponsors, I submit the following:

1. Any publicity is better than none at all
2. The sport of Offshore Racing has damaged itself in a myriad of ways and continues to do so in the eyes of both sponsors and TV media types. The causes of this are too numerous to list (again), but I assure you that negativity on enthusiast websites is way down the list.

We need to understand the difference between thoughtful criticism and "bashing". The former is needed for any endeavour to move forward, the latter is simply a release of frustration or an unwarranted attack.

Welcome to OSO Nautdesign....... It's nice to see points made in such an articulate and urbane fashion.

T2x
Very well put!!!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
I don't think this guy was "bashing" or greatly out of line. The JBS team has continuously walked around with their pants down around their ankles in a lot of their posts.

It has always seemed to me that anyone with a big power, mega boat gets an inordinate amount of respect on this website simply for writing a check, regardless of whether or not the boater in question has an ounce of class, skill, or common sense. (some do, some don't). As far as the "concern" that criticisms on the web could be damaging to potential sponsors, I submit the following:

T2x
I agree 100%
Old 09-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x

T2x
Not that I'm picking sides but then you have those like Marc Granet (Miss Geico) that dedicates a whole blog to accepting responsibility and taking accountability for his own actions...Kind've refreshing to see in any sport (or aspect of life for that matter)....

http://www.powerboatmag.com/marc-granet-s-blog/

Last edited by thisistank; 09-17-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.